Author Topic: FISHERMEN/ Thursdays Fishing Report...  (Read 2254 times)

Offline 1captainron

• Sponsor
    • Capt Ron's Fishermen
FISHERMEN/ Thursdays Fishing Report...
« on: September 11, 2014, 05:20:45 PM »
We all knew leaving the dock that it was going to be a "Tough" Day after the blow for 3 days!
I had a couple of game plans in mind and went with the first one. First drift, Jimmy from Staten Island nails a 6 pound beauty (that went on to win the pool),Many shorts and a couple more keepers on that drift. Went back and tried to repeat it but No Good!
Moved to several area's, some were the fishing has been super, only to catch squat. The change of tide didn't help either as the harder the outgoing ran, the nastier the ocean became. A good swell from the East certainly didn't help us either.

Ended the day Trolling at 2.4 knots with the hard outgoing to only catch a few shorts and an odd keeper. Moe landed 3 nice fish for high hook.

PS: I tied the boat up Tuesday and Wednesday knowing that I wouldn't be able to fish the ocean.....The weather was beautiful but conditions were the shits, I could have easily taken all those customers out, stroked them and said Sorry guys, but I didn't.....So , for my friend who was the super expert today on were we should have gone and what we should have done and how next time he will spend $140 to fish on an Open Boat...You would have caught crap with anyone else today also. I would have gladly turned over the helm to you to show me what you could have done.
Sometimes, it ain't easy being me!

CHARTERED SATURDAY MORNING......

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
Re: FISHERMEN/ Thursdays Fishing Report...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 06:34:13 PM »
Some A Holes need to be told off but you handled it professionally.  Next time don't even let him board the boat. You don't need that crap!  t^
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 09:03:08 PM »
We all knew leaving the dock that it was going to be a "Tough" Day after the blow for 3 days!
I had a couple of game plans in mind and went with the first one. First drift, Jimmy from Staten Island nails a 6 pound beauty (that went on to win the pool),Many shorts and a couple more keepers on that drift. Went back and tried to repeat it but No Good!
Moved to several area's, some were the fishing has been super, only to catch squat. The change of tide didn't help either as the harder the outgoing ran, the nastier the ocean became. A good swell from the East certainly didn't help us either.

Ended the day Trolling at 2.4 knots with the hard outgoing to only catch a few shorts and an odd keeper. Moe landed 3 nice fish for high hook.

PS: I tied the boat up Tuesday and Wednesday knowing that I wouldn't be able to fish the ocean.....The weather was beautiful but conditions were the shits, I could have easily taken all those customers out, stroked them and said Sorry guys, but I didn't.....So , for my friend who was the super expert today on were we should have gone and what we should have done and how next time he will spend $140 to fish on an Open Boat...You would have caught crap with anyone else today also. I would have gladly turned over the helm to you to show me what you could have done.
Sometimes, it ain't easy being me!

CHARTERED SATURDAY MORNING......

Two things I would like to say with all due respect to the situation. This is why I would much rather own my own boat as it is my responcebility to find the fishing spot....Spending $140.00 on a fishing trip to come back empty handed can get old real fast if that happens to many times. If this guy is a regular on your charter and has come up empty more then two trips out, he might want to consider you advice and own his own vessel.

I am just starting to get back to fishing the shore and feel that my best option is owning my own boat. I happen to like those odds, I can fish where ever I want for what ever I want to fish for.....not follow the rest of the crowd. 
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 11:56:57 PM »
I don't own a boat but I get out as much as I can been out with Captain Ron numerous times over the past few years You have to enjoy fishing and being out on the water catching fish has always been a bonus. It's like going to Atlantic City and expecting to win don't go if you can't afford to come home empty handed. Go to the fish market and buy your fish that way you know what to expect.  >:D
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 10:20:35 AM »
I don't own a boat but I get out as much as I can been out with Captain Ron numerous times over the past few years You have to enjoy fishing and being out on the water catching fish has always been a bonus. It's like going to Atlantic City and expecting to win don't go if you can't afford to come home empty handed. Go to the fish market and buy your fish that way you know what to expect.  >:D

t^ That is why it's called fishing and not catching.
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-