Author Topic: Fishing Soft Plastic & Rubber Baits This Fall  (Read 2836 times)

Offline kayak1

• only at night
Fishing Soft Plastic & Rubber Baits This Fall
« on: September 13, 2014, 02:38:50 PM »
Its been a while since my last update on the kayak page.....But with the fall season starting to pick up and the movement of bait fish....I thought this would be a great time to tell you what is working very well for me.

Hands down I will tell you the the Mambo Minnow in the Yellow is hands down the best little lure I have ever used......You can ask Ron from Fisherman Supply......I buy them by the case.

But in the past couple years I have been using a ton of soft plastic baits and with some very good results.........

The problem with kayak fishing the back bay is shallow water and tons of grass....All which seems to hold feeding fish because the bait fish use that for cover.

The Mambo minnow as good as the lure is has 2 treble hooks which if you cast in the weeds it comes back loaded with weeds.

The awesome part of fishing soft baits is the fact that these can be rigged weedless and with minimal weight.....While fishing in very shallow water its hard to use a lead head without you lure hitting the bottom.

I have been using the Slug-Go and Swim-Fish sold through Lunker City....Order on-line and shipped to your door in 3 days, I can fish all the colors I want by ordering on line,not all shops will carry these odd colors that work in the back bays.

I have also found Tackle warehose who has the best hooks for rigging these soft baits....I use the Gamakatsu weighted superline spring lock hook,3/0,4/0,5/0....These hooks keep the bait off the bottom and in the feeding zone of the feeding fish...And best of all can be rigged as a weedless bait.

The Slug-Go I use in the 7.5 size in 3 colors, Bunker, white and Lime Green....The swim Fish are all the same colors.

Just throw these baits into the shallows and reel slow with short jerks of the rod tip...The fish will hit these baits hard so hold on tight.

I hope this will add to your fish catching this fall...as always be safe on the water and just have fun.

Kayak-1
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Dalejam

• Fish-on
Re: Fishing Soft Plastic & Rubber Baits This Fall
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 10:18:30 AM »
 clp
Thanks Dave,
  Been wondering when you were going to chime in and give the fall information out.

Look forward to getting out and trying some of you techniques.

be safe
Dale
I'M working on fishing.

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 07:27:32 AM »
Hope all is well Dale......

These cool nights have really got the bait fish on the more early this season....You may want to start fishing the River.....had some great reports of nice size bass around the Bridges.....along with big Bluefish.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 07:55:05 AM »
Kayak1,  what kind of fish have you been catching lately?
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 04:08:51 PM »
Hunter.....The Bass fishing in the back bay has been very good down this way.

The cool nights have started pushing the snappers and mullet out into the ocean early this year..... The Bass are just sitting waiting for the bait to swim past for a quick ambush.

I would say another 2 weeks and the big bass will show up for the baby bunker....the water is still a little warm for them to start there exit from the back country.

Hope all is well
Kayak-1

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-