Author Topic: Blackfish or tautog  (Read 2986 times)

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
Blackfish or tautog
« on: September 15, 2014, 10:13:58 AM »
My wife and I decided to take a ride yesterday and scout out some fishing access along the Canal. We stopped at a few places in the PT area near the loveland bridge. My wife got out at one spot because there were a few fisherman there. So one older gentleman started talking to my wife,she asked if they were catching anything,older gent said he wasn't but the other fisherman had caught five blackfish. My wife came back to the car and we went on our way. She told me what the older fisherman had said about the guy who had caught five Blackfish,I didn't think anything of it until today when looking at the fishing regs for Strip Bass when I saw the limit on the Black Fish or Tautog was one fish. Just goes to show how some fisherman don't pay attention to the size or limits of there targeted fish. This fits in with seeing guys keep short Fluke at the inlet...I don't bother getting into saying anything to them simply because I'm not the person to enforce the regs. and don't need the hastel. Just is a shame some people don't get it.
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Blackfish or tautog
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 10:43:46 AM »
He stated he caught five fish but did he keep five fish?
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 01:00:14 PM »
He stated he caught five fish but did he keep five fish?

Good point....I didn't ask to see his catch so I can't be positive of weather he kept them or not. My assumption only. And we all know the saying about assumption "ass out of u and me". My BAD!!
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 01:46:33 PM »
 ;D
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 02:00:01 PM »
yea I caught 30 fluke the other day too- guess what they all needed flukestrudin' and I still gotta stop at ShopRite for dinner.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 02:07:16 PM »
Ah.. people suck.. I say he kept them ;D

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 02:56:44 PM »
Irregardless of this fisherman keeping the fish or not. I have observed many cases of fisherman keeping illegal catches, I have done it in the past myself....but I realized very early on it was stupid and selfish. As a avid Fresh water and Salt water fisherman I learned to be concerned with good conservation practices, I taught my children the same. We have all seen the law beakers and poor sportsman I'm sure. So I made a possible mistake in assuming this guy kept an illegal ketch,only because he said he caught five fish....he didn't say he caught five fish but threw them back because they were to small or he kept only one, Just something I would have done, but doesn't mean everyone would do the same. WOW! hope I cleared that up.   

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-