Author Topic: Manasquan Inlet 9/17/14  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
Manasquan Inlet 9/17/14
« on: September 19, 2014, 08:17:34 AM »
Tried the inlet yesterday from the Manasquan side. Threw everything but the kitchen sink for fluke....nada! Just shorts. Lots of snappers to eat your gulps. There may have been one keeper caught on the PP side while we were there, going by the hoot and holler of another fisherman on that side. We were there for the high tide but no good action. It's been that way for us since mid July.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:18:36 AM by Eng 94 »
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Manasquan Inlet 9/17/14
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 09:26:34 AM »
Tough day.  Thanks for reporting  t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Xfire2149

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »
I fished the same place several times over the last 6 weeks or so. I found all my keepers came from water pretty close to the western end of the pipeline using spearing and a 1oz bucktail.
Army Ranger /Navy Diver

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 10:48:10 AM »
I fished the same place several times over the last 6 weeks or so. I found all my keepers came from water pretty close to the western end of the pipeline using spearing and a 1oz bucktail.

I'm not quite sure I know where you are referencing, unless you mean the west end at third ave. I have fished there and caught fish but no keepers,which doesn't mean anything. I also haven't used live bate,just squid and gulps. Just have to keep putting in the time and keep experimenting with different baits and rigs. I like making my own concoctions of rigs. Soon the season for Fluke will end. Next Bass!!   
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline cricker

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 11:10:10 AM »
it might be worth gettin some green crabs or sand worms and trying along those rocks there pretty soon for some tog

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 07:00:32 PM »
it might be worth gettin some green crabs or sand worms and trying along those rocks there pretty soon for some tog

Sounds like a good idea  t^

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 09:43:50 AM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-