Author Topic: boat launches  (Read 4092 times)

Offline Scott Bailey

• seabass sharks cod ling stripers i love fishing
boat launches
« on: September 23, 2014, 02:51:34 PM »
hey guys my buddy wants to launch out of belmar are there any public launches in point pleasent or manasquan that have enough water to launch if we get there at low tide ? or is there any launches in belmar with enough water at low tide

Offline sealife

Re: boat launches
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 07:32:42 PM »
Belmar municipal, get the tokens from the bait shop

Bry's marine ramp, get daily pass from Mac's bait and tackle.

Neptune township has a ramp but I do not know any details.

Offline Scott Bailey

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 09:16:45 PM »
Belmar municipal, get the tokens from the bait shop

Bry's marine ramp, get daily pass from Mac's bait and tackle.

Neptune township has a ramp but I do not know any details.

okay thanks!

Offline Maritime Matt

• Sponsor
  • Maritime Skiff 20' Pioneer Pilothouse USCG Lic
    • TASKMARINE.COM
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 07:33:15 AM »
Careful at Bry's at Low tide. Plenty of water. It get's pretty steep though. Big boat equals big truck or 4wd/all wd, unless its been re-done. Current rips through there to once you back away from the floater.

WWW.TASKMARINE.COM     Marine SERVICE, Parts & More

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 02:15:13 PM »
Careful at Bry's at Low tide. Plenty of water. It get's pretty steep though. Big boat equals big truck or 4wd/all wd, unless its been re-done. Current rips through there to once you back away from the floater.

Ditto! Just be SUPER careful and take your time no matter which place you launch~ The Belmar Municipal one is 'OK', but its tough to tie up and you will need to climb down into the boat. (It was like that the last time I launched there) And be careful at low tide that you don't run a ground before you go under the bridge. Following your channel markers (Red/Green) is the safest way to go~ Good Luck~

Offline Scott Bailey

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 05:39:03 PM »
thanks sealife and msfish and will do i will be wearing my life jacket just to be safe  chrz

Offline Woodstock

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 05:10:27 PM »
Belmar Municipal is great now after the rebuild. With the exception of the other patrons. Lot's of folks first time trying to start the engine is right after they launch. Plus the "fisherman" will cast right under you when you are trying to dodge the kayakers and stand up surfboarders. Costly prop seal job after the monofilament burns it up. If you do it on off days or off peak season, it is great.

Brys is good but wait until you have the current pushing to the floating dock. (Outgoing in my opinion), you will never stick the upstream dock. Needs 1.5 feet of tide to work.

Shark River municipal is impressive after the recent  rebuild. Only used it a couple of times at high water. Much better than 20 years ago when it was more or less A cliff. 

If on a day when only serious fisherman are out, it would be belmar municipal for me.    slt

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-