Author Topic: 2014 Tuna Gambler Tuna trip  (Read 73168 times)

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
Re: 2014 Tuna Gambler Tuna trip
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2014, 11:22:39 AM »
Few more pics

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2014, 11:32:03 AM »
now I want sushi  clp

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2014, 01:02:20 PM »
Sorry I'm late to this post.
Cleaning gear on Saturday and bagging fish on Sunday.
I felt like the Butcher from Gangs of New York sharing the bounty with neighbors, familiy and friends all day.

Not much I can add to this post that hasn't already been said.
What an awesome trip and want to give special thanks to:

Rick, for all his hard work on making this trip happen. Thanks again. clp chrz t^

Trish, for the amazing spread of food and treats. clp chrz t^

Bucktail Bob, for hooking us up with the great deal on the Ronzzzzzeeezzz. t^ chrz clp
And thanks for tying up my rigs.

The Capt. and crew of the Gambler, for a first class operation and trip. The boat is an awesome fishing machine.

The Big Guy upstairs, who blessed us with an awesome weather window and the bounty from the sea.

And to HotRod who created this site where I have had the opportunity to meet and fish with some really awesome people over the last 6 years. t^ chrz clp

Looking forward to the next adventure with you guys. t^ chrz chrz chrz

I have some pics and video that I need to work on re-sizing to post up....coming soon.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2014, 01:53:50 PM »
And off subject a little....2 things
Both Al and Bucktail are half the men they used to be. Congrats to you guys both....hard thing to accomplish what you guys have.... t^
that being said....it all comes with consequences....
Al....we have to change your screen name to Little Al...
and Bob....you can no longer be an official member of the BBC club and have here by been reduced in status to Honorary Member of the BBC!
Seriously...keep up the great work guys!
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2014, 02:00:19 PM »
And off subject a little....2 things
Both Al and Bucktail are half the men they used to be. Congrats to you guys both....hard thing to accomplish what you guys have.... t^
that being said....it all comes with consequences....
Al....we have to change your screen name to Little Al...
and Bob....you can no longer be an official member of the BBC club and have here by been reduced in status to Honorary Member of the BBC!
Seriously...keep up the great work guys!

t^  clp
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2014, 03:08:11 PM »
Yes..great work guys...you should be an inspiration to us all. t^ t^

Don't forget to include Rod too.

New "energetic version" 20 pounds less too. t^

Also forgot to thank Mike for the coffee machine t^ chrz
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2014, 08:11:43 PM »
Not the best video...but NewBigAl getting a weight on his huge Long Fin with a little help from Mark t^

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2014, 08:18:59 PM »
 t^

Anyone have any video of the seas on the ride home?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2014, 02:33:24 AM »
Kenny may have some pics or video of ride back. I know one of the mates does because I turned the camera on his phone on for him because his hands were gunked up from cleaning fish.
It was wild for sure.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2014, 02:40:51 AM »
pics
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SHARKBITE

• Shark Bite Bucktails
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
    • Shark Bite Bucktails
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2014, 06:55:48 AM »
t^

Anyone have any video of the seas on the ride home?

Wish I had from the upper deck bunks but we were taking cover. Watching the spray of waves wash over the top of the boat and the boat getting knocked side to side was pretty wild.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2014, 08:21:29 AM »

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Capt Bogan

• Sponsor
    • Gambler Fishing
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2014, 05:03:14 PM »
Thank you guys, for the positive report on the boat and crew. Sorry for the late reply. Just wanted to thank you all for coming out with us. Always a pleasure to fish with people who love their sport and fish hard. --What more can a captain and crew ask for.

And I'd like to think I learn something new every time I go fishing --and I was very interested in the Ron Z and live eels.

A special thanks to Rick for putting the trip together and to Patricia for the food and actually making sure I had a plate for the ride home.

Just to remind you all, you can come out on any of these trips; by yourself or with friends. Just a couple more dates availability left: Oct 22 and Oct 29th (36 hour) for anyone interested.

We were supposed to leave tomorrow but the weather has us again.

Offline Jakemeister

• Drum roll please!
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2014, 03:42:34 AM »
What an amazing trip with the with Nj saltwater fishing family. We couldn't have asked for a better Capt'n and crew. The Capt did a great job of putting us on the meat and the mates did a amazing job of gaffing and untangling lines so we could get the meat in the boat. Was able to cross a Mahi off my fishing bucket list. And got beat up by some beautiful big yellowfin I couldn't ask for a better Trip!!
Why can't we fish 5 days a week and work 2!

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2014, 10:24:51 AM »
I just wanted to jump in and say it was really great seeing all you guys!  I know it's been a while and it's been a real pain since work cut off access here, but I still consider this place like home and the people here are top notch.  Felt like a day hadn't gone by seeing you all out there.  Captain Bogan and his crew were absolute pros.  The best I've personally ever seen.  I had an absolute blast and can't wait for the next one! 
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2014, 04:23:32 PM »
Just realized I posted some pics the other day, but really nothing else.  So, here goes...

First, a huge thank you to Rick for once again doing a terrific job of organizing and running the trip!  Thank you also for helping me out and putting up with my many off again/on again statuses throughout the past couple of months leading up to the trip.  Glad I ended up as "ON" again!  slt

Of course, thanks to Rod for fostering an environment here at NJSWF that brought together  such a great community of people. t^  And thanks for letting me rig your rods. ::) ;D

Another thank you to Trish for all the delicious the food, food and more food! thud

Carl and others, thanks for the compliments.  I've got a long way to go, but I'm at least heading in the right direction. TT^

It was great fishing with many of you again, and with some of you for the first time.  Any fishing trip is a good time with the good people of NJSWF! grtn

As already mentioned, Capt. Bob and crew were nothing short of fantastic.  As I wrote in an email to him, not only did he put us on the fish, but he and his crew went out of their way to make us all feel welcome.  Sometimes on trips like this, I've noticed a tendency for the crew to talk down to the customers.  Not this crew!  Every crew member did a great job of treating both the novices and more seasoned anglers with the utmost respect and professionalism.
And it all starts with the captain.  Kudos to Captain Bob for fostering an environment that allows this kind of excellent service to happen. slt

Lastly, RONZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! ;D

Can't wait till the next trip!

[youtube=640,390]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpCu6Lg1POk[/youtube]

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2014, 09:36:00 PM »
Well said and an excellent post Bob!!!

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2014, 09:01:46 AM »
If someone is missing a red duffel bag from the trip, get a hold of Trish, she has it.

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2014, 01:54:06 PM »
 whs

Red duffle bag anyone? Initials KM
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-