Author Topic: Rumor has it....  (Read 6003 times)

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
Rumor has it....
« on: October 29, 2014, 08:36:35 PM »
The 2015 Striped Bass Regs have been voted on.....1 fish @ 28 inches.
Saw that coming.....even with all the public emails and input we get screwed.
Hopefully someone can chime in here to confirm this and add more info
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
Re: Rumor has it....
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 11:23:04 PM »
Dam regs. Sure that will please some folks nosmly When the heck are the anglers going to have a lobby to make some noise and change this ignorant way of thinking?

This really is discouraging. Stooped fish and game is typical of government agency's screwing things up for the little guy. thd
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline Capt. Carl

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 06:35:40 AM »
We can still get our 2 fish if they keep the bonus program alive tho as long as we pay!
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 08:38:45 AM »
We can still get our 2 fish if they keep the bonus program alive tho as long as we pay!

:headscra:PAY? Not that this is completely on subject, but I have three married children all average age of 40. None of them live here anymore, my son is in the process of relocating in Husten Texas and he is an avid sportsman...one of his biggest complaints is NJs game laws and how ridiculous they have become.

We are in the process of selling our home also, I have lived here for 68 years and it has changed so much that I can't see how anyone can stand it with high taxes and pay,pay,pay attitude.
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline Scott Bailey

• seabass sharks cod ling stripers i love fishing
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 09:45:34 AM »
Ive heard this too and if its true im no longer targeting striped bass it isn't worth the money just to catch one fish

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 11:10:13 AM »
The information used to make these regs. is faulted.

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 11:45:36 AM »
I'm not going to allow this state to keep me from enjoying a sport I have enjoyed for most of my life that's for dam sure.

Offline Capt. Carl

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 09:06:35 PM »
http://m.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/cuts-to-striped-bass-catch-coming/article_37149576-6080-11e4-8871-0f9bbc1efdc7.html?mode=jqm

so there was definately some misinterpretation from somewhere....
ASMFC is pushing hard for a 1 @ 28 limit for all states....but it was voted to let states tweek their own regs with a 25 % reduction.
so we still may have 2 fish with some kind of a slot.....
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 10:08:24 PM »
http://m.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/cuts-to-striped-bass-catch-coming/article_37149576-6080-11e4-8871-0f9bbc1efdc7.html?mode=jqm

so there was definately some misinterpretation from somewhere....
ASMFC is pushing hard for a 1 @ 28 limit for all states....but it was voted to let states tweek their own regs with a 25 % reduction.
so we still may have 2 fish with some kind of a slot.....

The vote was for a 25% reduction, both rec and comm, by means of 1 @ 28.
T h e rules allow states to select their own size / bag if they have data that proves it still produces a 25% reduction in harvest (know as equivalency).  No word yet what NJ is doing.  But the two NO votes were NJ & De.
I believe NJ's bonus program utilizes the state's comm quota.  I don't know how the bonus program will fair given the fact that the comm side gets the reduction as well.

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 10:40:50 PM »
Sounds like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing as far as the state goes. I still can't get my head around the two fish limit per angler, :headscra: size limits and or slot limits yes that I can agree with.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 04:09:09 PM »

The fishing panel that regulates striped bass based on hearsay and faulty data has voted to cut catches next year by 25 percent and is pushing states to allow just one fish a day at 28 inches.

The Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission, a compact of East Coast states including New Jersey, also left wiggle room for states to allow two fish per day at larger sizes.

The ASMFC, at a meeting Wednesday in Connecticut, voted 14-2 for an option that allows one fish per day at a minimum size of 28 inches. That would bring a 31 percent reduction in catches next year.

New Jersey, which currently allows two fish per day at 28 inches, and Delaware were the only states to vote against it.

But the ASMFC will also allow states to use a program known as “conservation equivalency” to keep the harvest cutback equal to or greater than a 25 percent reduction. Conservation equivalency, a system also used with summer flounder, allows each state to use a combination of bag limits, seasons and minimum fish size as long as it meets the specified reduction.

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 04:15:41 PM »
Sort of like China nts One child per family. ::)

Offline njdiver

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 12:46:42 PM »
Atlantic States Marine
Fisheries Commission
73rd Annual Meeting Summary

(Snip)

“The coastal recreational fishery harvest will be reduced by implementing a one fish bag limit while keeping a 28” size limit. Under Amendment 6, states may use conservation equivalency to develop state‐specific measures that are different than a one fish bag limit and 28” size limit for their coastal fisheries but still achieve a 25% reduction in harvest.”

(Snip)

http://www.asmfc.org/files/Meetings/Annual2014/73rdAnnualMeetingSummary_2014.pdf

Atlantic States Marine
Fisheries Commission
NEWS RELEASE

(Snip)

ASMFC Atlantic Striped Bass Board
Approves Addendum IV for Implementation in 2015

(Snip)

“The coastal recreational fishery harvest will be reduced by implementing a one fish bag limit while keeping a 28” size limit. Under Amendment 6, states may use conservation equivalency to develop state-specific measures that are different than a one fish bag limit and 28” size limit for their coastal fisheries but still achieve a 25% reduction in harvest.”

(Snip)

http://www.asmfc.org/uploads/file/54539b9bpr43StripedBassAddIV_Approval.pdf

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 02:18:24 PM »
OH my! Lucky us  ??? rgmn

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-