Author Topic: Fluke spinning rod  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Fisherman120

Fluke spinning rod
« on: October 31, 2014, 06:55:21 PM »
Just curious as to what you guys would recommend me for a fluke spinning rod... My rod for the past 5 years, a 6 foot 1 piece Ugly Stik has been discontinued and I haven't been able to find a spare. She was great, light enough to use in 5 feet of water, heavy enough to use 8 ounces, and she even livelined and caught me a 40 lb striper in 2012.... Great rod, caught a lot of really nice fluke. Well worth the 40 bucks at K-Mart :eek:

Anyways, I'd like my next rod to be durable with 6 ounces, but still light enough for 2 oz. I prefer 6 1/2 feet over 7 feet, as I can then cast better when on a party boat. I've moved onto more charter boat fishing but I still prefer the shorter rod and will still fish on a party boat half the time anyways. Price isn't really a factor but the cheaper the better... Will pair it with a Penn Battle 3 or 4000.

Thanks for any help. Local baitshops by me weren't stocked too well.

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
Re: Fluke spinning rod
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 07:30:04 PM »
Check out the st croix tidemasters series

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »
Med light Trevala t^

Offline Fisherman120

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 10:07:59 PM »
Check out the st croix tidemasters series

Will do. Price looks very reasonable.

Med light Trevala

Heard about this Rod before, only Rod I had in mind about getting before this.... Do you have any in stock?

Gonna try to get a look in person before I get any, but both of these look solid to me.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 10:10:52 PM by Fisherman120 »

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 12:44:26 AM »
Matt, right now the only rods I sell right now are the Maja trolling rods.  Eventually I will expand into selling more rods, but that's not going to be for awhile yet.

Anyway, I've got a 6'9" Shimano Trevala F Med/Light (spinning) and a 7' Med/Hvy St. Croix Tidemaster (conventional).

Both are good rods and two of my favorite "all around" models.  I use them for fluke to stripers.

Although I love the Trevala, I think if I were going to get a Trevala strictly for bucktailing fluke now, I would go with the "S" series (the green rods).  They had not come out yet when I got mine.

Hope that helps. Good luck. t^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 07:38:56 AM »
Rod and Fluke, do they belong in the same sentence? That's like putting deck chairs on a fishing boat.  ovrbt

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I couldn't pass on an opportunity like this.  ;D
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-