Author Topic: Sunday Raritan Bay  (Read 2059 times)

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
Sunday Raritan Bay
« on: November 09, 2014, 10:21:04 PM »
Out of Sayreville, bunker and many boats in back bay looked at a promising morning(especially after yesterdays reports).....needless to say we trolled all around the fleet while keeping an eye on any activity  cfzd....within an hour, hour and a half, 3/4 the fleet dispersed to other parts of the bay.....we picked up and headed off the ammo pier, trolled several 8lb blues and a couple short stripers(very short) on bunker spoon.  Headed around hook and down to Monmouth beach with plenty of birds working and no fish, back around to Ambrose Channel(ny side) where we picked up 2 more short stripers, headed to the candlesticks and found plenty of 6-8lbs blues....they were eating small weak fish....we matched as best we could with silver stretch and it worked well. Back bay had stripers later in the day swirling but not taking according to fisherman at dock, did say he saw a troller hooked up......been a long time since I've had a keeper striper!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:53:50 PM by kpcoe »
Freedom 3

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Sunday Raritan Bay
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 11:15:18 PM »
No keepers, but you had action. t^  Shame those demons got to go eating those perfectly good weakfish.  nosmly ;D

Nice report & pics. t^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 05:36:04 AM »
Nice report,  I was in the same areas too. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 07:17:45 AM »
Looking at that fish picture couldn't see what it was ,until I saw the fangs and realized it to be  a baby weak on a boat hook .Damned blues gobbling up our future .Thanks for the report .Fishing sure did a complete 180* ,from what it had been ,mid-week .

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 07:49:35 AM »
Reading these reports for that last few weeks has frustrated the heck out of me, being stuck home working on winter house projects. They have to be done but I'd rather be fishing. Nice reports though guys.Keep up the good work,I'm sure the fishing will improve soon again,maybe Ill get out and catch a few myself. t^
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 08:28:41 AM »
 t^         chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 04:45:36 PM »
Seems like the same reports from most. t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Vinnym

• Morning Dew Sportfishing
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 07:12:07 PM »
Same here……I fished the bay from Princes Bay east up the reach with nothing but big blues. I did hear there was a bass bite at the hook.
Morning Dew Sport Fishing
Perth Amboy

Tight Lines & Calm Seas

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-