Author Topic: More on Reel Maintenance  (Read 6740 times)

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
More on Reel Maintenance
« on: November 17, 2014, 08:28:25 PM »
Since today was a washout I was able to devote most of the day to reel maintenance. I was able to finally free up that side plate on my old Pflueger Capitol No. 1988 and do some maintenance on an old Diawa 7000 spinning reel that needed it badly. Both are working really well now.

Which brings me to that post on Reel Maintenance that no one has made a decision on yet. Winter is closing in guys,can we get together and work on some of our older equipment or new for that matter, I'm willing to throw a few of mine in to the mix for repair demo..maybe even attempt to demonstrate what little knowledge I have on the subject. I thought it was a good Idea in the first place and I still do. I'm even willing to offer my place for a place to meet. We just need a kick in the azz to get started smk How bout it??     
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: More on Reel Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 07:20:39 AM »
Joe, I've had a verbal "I may be able to do a demo on reel maintenance" from a member. Just waiting for a final decision on that as he has a pretty busy schedule at this point and is trying to see if it can happen. I would like to have this happen, we will see.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
Re: More on Reel Maintenance
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 08:56:21 AM »
Joe, I've had a verbal "I may be able to do a demo on reel maintenance" from a member. Just waiting for a final decision on that as he has a pretty busy schedule at this point and is trying to see if it can happen. I would like to have this happen, we will see.  t^

If that doesn't workout then my offer still stands,I may not be an expert on reels but I have been doing gun smith work for years and there isn't a great bit of difference other then familiarity with the different reels. Besides I'm sure there are more then a few folks here that do there own maintenance and have a better then average knowledge of reels,maybe they would be willing to meet and just have an informal instruction on how to. I still feel it's a good Idea no matter how it's done.   
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-