Author Topic: Sam's Club & Wall Mart  (Read 3415 times)

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
Sam's Club & Wall Mart
« on: November 19, 2014, 06:08:32 PM »
Two experiences today with both stores. First Sam's Club Last week my wife ordered a tire and rim for my sons trailer, which she explained to the counter person that we absolutely had to have no later then Wednesday today because my son will be leaving with his camper and trailer for Houston Texas Thursday AM. Today comes. No Frigging call from Sam's Club. We call and get cut off and no return call, mean time my son calls me on my cell..I tell him the situation and he says OK Ill take care of it. He calls and gets the guy that sold the tire and rim to my wife, he tries to talk his was out of it, that the tire would be there today. But tells my son that my wife did specify that it had to be there today, My son says then why didn't you just tell her that you couldn't have the tire on time and let her go some place else. His response. "Well I'm not going to send business away". Jack ass!!! That's Sam's Club. I could go on about there Pharmacy also But Ive said enough about them...They SUCK!!!

Wall Mart (Wally World) Called today to track down a Abu Garcia Reel. asked for sporting goods. lady asks what do you want to talk to them about..so I explain that I'm looking for this reel and it's out of stock and I would like to know when it will be in. OK Ill connect you. Wait and wait and wait finely hang up and call back.Get the same person,this time I say please I'm not willing to wait till Thanksgiving can we expedite the transfer a little quicker. On hold again, for 10 minutes She comes back and tells me the assistant Manager will take care of you. More waiting and no pickup. Soooo. Nada on the reel. Wall Mart  thd       
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
Re: Sam's Club & Wall Mart
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 08:11:32 PM »
Eng 94  I know it's to late now but for my trailer parts and tires / rims try here. http://www.easternmarine.com they are in Delaware so you pay no sales tax and I always have my stuff in 4 to 5 days  t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 08:30:17 PM »
2nd vote for eastern marine.  Though, they're in Delaware, they usually have whatever you need in stock.  In a pinch, I used to go to Tractor Supply Co.  West Marine too if I'm really in a bind but would rather not pay all that $$$$.

Wally World, as far as fishing goes, I only buy that stuff from them when I'm in FL. Just because there are dozens around every corner and everything else is probably closed.  I would look on Amazon or elsewhere online for whatever reel you want

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 04:56:15 AM »
Sam's is owned by Walmart. This is what happens when a company treats its employees like crap!

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 05:08:08 AM »
Our sponsor HNCtruckparts.com has helped me out before with trailer parts.     t^

I have to agree that Walmart does not treat employees well :P
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 09:57:35 AM »
Wally world for oil and filters, maybe windshield washer fluid. That's it. Even if the Jackhole sporting goods manager answered the phone, as soon as you said "Abu Garcia" he would have said Gesundheit. Do you think he really knows when it's coming in? I think not, he likely doesn't even know WHAT IT IS. You want a reel go see Rich @ JHO or PM Bucktail. Wally world is not the place. 

pcrn

Sam's Club, nada; if I'm gonna pay to shop for anything it is COSTCO Executive Membership all the way. With the rebate it more than pays for itself.

For trailer stuff definitely online as has been said. Or Lockwood's if you're north, Camp Marine if further south.

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 10:30:08 AM »
My wife has been a business member of Sam's Club fore ever,but after this we are going to Cosco in Brick. I just wanted to pass this along because these companies need to get bad press when ever possible. I frigging hate Wall Mart and what they stand for. It was my mistake to even try to get a reel there.

My son waited till the last minute and suggested to us to get the tire from Sam's since we were there when he called me. His bad planing and his bad choice, But it's my son so I tried to help him. He has gotten a tire and rim from Pep Boys and we are picking it up after we get him at Newark AP today.

As always the suggestions here are good one. That really work!! t^ Thanks to everyone here.
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 12:07:21 PM »
Gonna miss all those hot looking women at Walmart. :'(
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 04:17:15 PM »
Gonna miss all those hot looking women at Walmart. :'(

NOT!!! LIKELY!!! rofla

We called before we left for the Air Port to pic my son up and sure enough Sam's didn't have the tire..so I told the jack ass to cancel it. My son had called from Huston yesterday to pep boys and they had several at there store in Brunswick,so on our way home we picked it up,no problem..should have done that in the first place. Monday my wife is going to Same's Club and giving her member card to the manager and telling him to shovin it were the sun don't shine. >:D 

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 06:47:34 PM »
I give Wally Mart a 10 for its entertainment value  TT^ I let the wife go in while i park near the door just to
people watch   pcrn
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 06:40:15 AM »
I give Wally Mart a 10 for its entertainment value  TT^ I let the wife go in while i park near the door just to
people watch   pcrn

I usually do that when I take the wife to Sam's or Shop Wrong. But the AH with the shoppin carts and INDY driving in the parking lots Pee me off. I'd rather be home working on fishing equipment or reading a book.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-