Author Topic: Pre-Thanksgiving Nor'Easter  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Pre-Thanksgiving Nor'Easter
« on: November 25, 2014, 09:26:29 AM »
OK, I eluded to this in the Week Outlook and I've waited until all of the uncertainty and back and forth snow totals have waned to a more substantial and solid forecast. Regardless, this forecast will continue to go back and forth and a difference of 100 miles on the track could change the entire scenario. So, with that everyone within the state should be prepared for the results of a moderate coastal low/Nor'Easter.

Timing will begin as early as Tuesday Night with rain/snow moving in. This will continue into Wednesday and the bulk of any precipitation will occur Wednesday Afternoon into Wednesday Night lingering into Thanksgiving Day. This is probably the worst timing possible for a storm with the increased travel due to the holidays.

The bulk of any accumulating snow will remain north and west of the I95 Corridor with the highest accumulations in Northwestern and Northern NJ and then to the northeast into New England. Areas around the I95 Corridor will likely see a mix with accumulations around an inch or less. Areas south and east of I95 will see rain and a wintry mix, with little accumulation of snow, however roads won't be any better in these areas! Winds will be gusty, in excess of 30 mph. Seas and surf will increase. Coastal effects will be minor with only "spotty" minor coastal flooding expected right now. Tides are running around a foot to a foot and a half higher than normal, which is still below High Astronomical Tide levels.

Winter Storm Watches have been issued for Mercer, Hunterdon, Somerset, Morris, Warren, Sussex, Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Union and Passaic Counties in NJ. Winter Storm Warnings are likely in most of these areas at some point today. Gale Warnings are in effect for all adjacent coastal waters except Raritan Bay and Upper Delaware Bay which are under Small Craft Advisories.

Updates to follow, with new briefings around 3:30 PM today.

If you can leave today/now if you are traveling do so, otherwise expect delays and cancellations!

Be safe and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/phi/briefing/packages/current_briefing.pdf

Probability of Snow 1 Inch or Greater

Probability of Snow 6 Inches

Storm Track

Snowfall Totals

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Re: Pre-Thanksgiving Nor'Easter
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 10:53:31 AM »
 rgmn
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 10:58:49 AM »
 smk

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 04:16:09 PM »
Trenton looks dry
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Pre-Thanksgiving Nor'Easter Tuesday Night Update
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 05:50:12 PM »
Updated Snowfall Totals and Briefing. The storm track has shifted a bit north and east, bringing some more snowfall inland and some snow along the coast of Monmouth and Northern to Central Ocean County.

NWS PHI Nor'Easter Briefing #5

Snowfall Totals

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 06:18:16 PM »
Gonna rain here. ;D

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 07:28:38 PM »
Gonna rain here. ;D

There may be a wintry mix in the "No Accumulation" areas, especially when the temperatures fall, mostly on Wednesday Night. Icy surfaces and black ice may be a problem statewide on Wednesday Night as well.

I am not sad I am missing out on this snow event ;D!

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 05:33:42 AM »
Thanks Matt t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-