Author Topic: What do you love about being a member of NJSWF?  (Read 5907 times)

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
What do you love about being a member of NJSWF?
« on: December 14, 2014, 09:57:13 PM »
I figured I'd throw this up to see what everybody thinks, and to show all the new and less active members the benefits of part of this thing. To me;

1.Information- Almost every question I have had has been  correctly answered and ones that haven't had a direct answer I was pointed in the right direction .

2. Fishing reports- hearing what is actually out there being caught with the methods and areas has greatly improved my fishing. Having truthful reports when the fishing is good or is terrible is a real benefit as opposed the generic and embellished reports you get in the paper.

3. Fishing trips- Being a member here has introduced me to boats and areas that I may not have run into had I not joined.

4.The people - every last member I have met has been top class. Weather it be a wish of a happy birthday, an offer to lend a hand if needed, a prayer sent for hope, or a couple of pizzas sent to feed your help during a move the members go above and beyond to your day a little better.

5. Friendships- may as well have been number 1. You guys/gals are truly friends and not just people that I talk to on a forum. Has a lot to do with all mentioned above and I can't say enough about all my NJSWF brothers and sister.

I just want people to see what they are missing and hope they become more involved. Thanks Rod for putting this together and the rest of the mods for all your work.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
Re: What do you love about being a member of NJSWF?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 12:03:35 AM »
You hit it right on the head Al. I have also been a member pretty much since to start of this site. Probably one of the most honest fishing site out there no I disagree here. People willing to share where and what's going on just call on the radio or phone and you will be getting a report where they are catching fish. I have been on party boats wearing the NJSWF Shirt and people have came up to me and introduced themselves to me and made friends just because of that.
Always has been a great site.
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 08:05:41 AM »
Fresh news from off the water .Not the one to two week stuff from the local publications .Plus the reports are spot on ,no BS .The fellowship of the common bond .Information on how too ( or not to ) .Just an over all good vibe from all members .The big plus is the long range accurate weather predictions .

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 08:36:36 AM »
For Me...  Simply..  Life Changing with awesome friends t^

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 08:56:54 AM »
 whs

Great thread Al !

I became a member in 2007 I think.
I joined to get fishing reports and how to info. As I asked questions the guys would help me anyway they could.
I could not attend the first banquet because I had a trip to the keys that week. Over the next year I posted on the board and became keyboard friends with a few guys. By the time the second banquet came around I spoke with a few on the phone and pm’ed each other. So I went to the banquet and met a bunch of great fishing buddy’s.

One gay guy on the front of the boat posted a question and I pm’ed him my phone number to see if I could help him out. Since then we became pretty good friends and fished together countless times and made great memories.

The guys on the site started a post on a group Blackfish trip. Never done that before so I figured I would give it a try.

Yup still trying to put a good catch together.  rgmn

I can’t even remember how I met all of the guys on this site, but have made many of good friends. Everyone here helps you out. From showing what you are doing wrong on a rig, tell you your hood is full of crabs, where you can buy stamps, what’s gay and what is not, and the words you even spell wrong. The list goes on and on….

I even found a business partner on this site, a rod builder who brings me a new rod on every trip I go on.

Beware there is a down side to the site.
You can be minding your own business at work and the next thing you know it’s FUN PHONE time and you get a text. The next thing you know 3 hours has past and you can’t stop laughing and you didn’t get any work done.

Yup, glad I stopped by.

I reserve the write to amend this once it BIB proff reeds it…

Thanks Rod
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 09:18:30 AM »
Super post Rick, t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 09:32:41 AM »
What I like about this group is that it's a group of people closer to each other than most other sites.  I browse them all and it always seems there's a bunch of different cliques that it's like being back in high school. So I'd rather pay more attention to our site where everyone is welcomed. The BS of all sorts is generally non-existent (argumentative topics designed only for the sake of arguing). The weather reports are the best and most accurate I've come across. Everyone here wants to help each other whether it's where to fish, how to fish, or other non-fishing info/tips.  I joined this site while I was on vaca a couple years ago and saw someone asking for a review on a generator.  So I joined and left a review and been coming back ever since.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 09:54:44 AM »
where to begin.. It has to be the friends you make here and mostly the on water connections.  When there are a few of us in the same area, those phone calls into a good bite are key.  Working together on the water, sharing spots, tips and tricks are very helpful.  

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:16:43 AM by Luna Sea 4 »
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 10:11:00 AM »
Nice thread. t^

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 11:00:17 AM »
For me, it's simple.  It's the people I have met and fish with.......

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 03:38:39 PM »
Man you guys must be getting board. ;D

Just kidding, For me it's been just about everything mentioned here. The most important thing is the friendships that are made by great people. I know I have gained a great deal of knowledge and help from good people. It's rare to find a site like this. Everyone here should be proud of the great job they do to keep it that way. clp clp slt

Almost forgot; Thanks Phil for the new call name "Garlic Joe"
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:41:27 PM by Eng 94 »
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 05:02:48 PM »
whs

Great thread Al !

I became a member in 2007 I think.
I joined to get fishing reports and how to info. As I asked questions the guys would help me anyway they could.
I could not attend the first banquet because I had a trip to the keys that week. Over the next year I posted on the board and became keyboard friends with a few guys. By the time the second banquet came around I spoke with a few on the phone and pm’ed each other. So I went to the banquet and met a bunch of great fishing buddy’s.

One gay guy on the front of the boat posted a question and I pm’ed him my phone number to see if I could help him out. Since then we became pretty good friends and fished together countless times and made great memories.

The guys on the site started a post on a group Blackfish trip. Never done that before so I figured I would give it a try.

Yup still trying to put a good catch together.  rgmn

I can’t even remember how I met all of the guys on this site, but have made many of good friends. Everyone here helps you out. From showing what you are doing wrong on a rig, tell you your hood is full of crabs, where you can buy stamps, what’s gay and what is not, and the words you even spell wrong. The list goes on and on….

I even found a business partner on this site, a rod builder who brings me a new rod on every trip I go on.

Beware there is a down side to the site.
You can be minding your own business at work and the next thing you know it’s FUN PHONE time and you get a text. The next thing you know 3 hours has past and you can’t stop laughing and you didn’t get any work done.

Yup, glad I stopped by.

I reserve the write to amend this once it BIB proff reeds it…

Thanks Rod

whs

Thanks for writing this Rick. t^ chrz
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 07:26:10 PM »
It's simple.....the friendships I've formed with the members here that I otherwise would have never met.   t^

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 10:52:32 PM »
I agree with everything! There might be a ton of lurkers but, it's the active guys who you get to know who makes it worthwhile. Great posts guys.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2014, 02:53:01 PM »
Nice topic Al  t^ For sure the number 1 thing is getting to meet everyone, making new fishing friends and being able to chat with folks that share the same passion for fishing as I do. Also through the Banquet getting to rub shoulders with some top notch tackle manufactures and top rated charter captains t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 09:19:06 AM »
Wow. I joined this site shortly after Rod started it, and it has been a great experience ever since. From the fishing knowledge I've gained, to the laughs I've had, sharing in members both ups and downs in life, having a place to vent at times  when needed, as well as meeting fishermen of all skill levels and from all walks of life,sharing that common  bond of the love of fishing. The friends I've made, the great people I've met and those who I've fished with, shared a beer or two, those who I've helped and helped me, the fantastic annual Banquets, fishing trips, meeting up with guys at local flea markets, shows, seminars, and out on the water. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few more things, but this place we call NJSALTWATERFISHERMAN.COM  is unforgettable.  Thanks to Rod and everyone here, both past and present.  To those lurking, join in on the experience, you'll e glad you did.  chrz 
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-