Author Topic: To My Smoking Friends..  (Read 141149 times)

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
To My Smoking Friends..
« on: January 31, 2015, 09:16:44 AM »
Hoping this can help you.. it has helped me..

As you all know..  I love to smoke.. as all Smokers do..  About 6 months ago I purchased a Vape Pen.. with the intentions of using it here and there.. from then it gradually took my cigarette use down from 2 packs a day to one pack.. reason being it was easier to puff on that than go out side to light one up..  I was using a 10 MG Nicotine level..

In the past month I moved to the 15MG Nicotine level, which for the first couple weeks took me down to about 10 cigarettes a day.. mostly when I drink my coffee..

To help remove that love for Coffee and Cigarets.. I add 1/4 Double espresso juice to my menthol juice.  it's a very pleasant flavor.. like I'm sitting here drinking a cup of coffee and smoking a Cig..

Yesterday was a good day with 3 Cigs in the morning with my coffee 1 at lunch and one in the evening.. for a total of 5 for the day..

My biggest hurdle was to get away from that morning urge of pouring my coffee and running to the porch to smoke and drink my coffee..

Today  I decided to just sit at my desk and Vape with my coffee.. and I was ok with it..  So the road is looking good..

If you smoke..  do yourself a favor.. buy a Vape Pen..  Play with it.. use it..  you will find yourself dropping the cigs a little by little..

Then you can move off the Nicotine slowly and just Vape for flavor..

Also the saving are enormous...  Here is what it look like for me..

Vape Pen optimizer. (1) @ $5.00 a week
Juice                (2) @ $10.00 a week

That's 15$ a week compared to $112.00 a week for cigs..

Best started Kits..

I purchased mine for like $35.00 at my local 7-11  It's the NJOY.
I tried others since but this one seems to do the best for me..

If you go on their site  www.njoy.com  and sign up for their newsletter.. they will start sending you 40% off codes..
Buy a kit and some Juice..

The tips ( Optimizers ) need to be replaced about every bottle or so.. so pic up a few..

This kit is like 85$  They have Code for 40% off on the top off their page..   https://www.njoy.com/vaping/vaping-kits/standard-vaping-kit/0

40% Off Vape Kits, Use Code: VAPEKIT40
Limited Quantities! Expires at 11:59pm EST

DO IT.. you will thank me later..

Disclaimer, Buy taking Rod's advice I hereby commit to paying him the sum of 1$ a day for every day I don't smoke a cig.  Up to one year. ;D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 04:11:18 AM by Hotrod »

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
Re: To My Smoking Friends..
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 11:28:44 AM »
 Been thinking of going this route for awhile now.

Is this "you" using it or something you've seen elsewhere and relaying info on?
All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 11:33:41 AM »
 All me...

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 12:27:15 PM »
 t^ Nice Rod
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:27:42 PM by Wreckfish »

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 02:08:46 PM »
Got me thinking ...

Thanks for sharing Rod and congrats so far !!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 02:50:23 PM »
Just do it Kenny  Spoke with Greg on it for 30 minutes. He bought his today.
First thing you will find is your pack of cigs start lasting longer. Until the day comes. You just don't buy them any more. Your just buying Juice.  do it!!

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 04:07:24 PM »
Just man up and quit!   ovrbt

J/K Rod. ;D  You're on the road.  Nice going! t^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 05:20:26 PM »
 whs

$112 a week = $448 a month.
That's a nice car payment.  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 07:13:22 PM »
whs

$112 a week = $448 a month.
That's a nice car payment.  TT^

Or three tuna trips worth of gas.

Thats really is one of my reasons to stop, the money it costs. Health is a big one to. Nicotine itself is only as bad for you as caffeine. Its the carcinogens in the smoke and the added chemicals they put in that kill you.
All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 10:11:30 AM »
Yesterday was the first day in many many years I have gone without smoking 1 Cig..  I have them.. but know that if I smoke one it's doesn't satisfy me that much.. I assume my body it slightly withdrawing from all the other chemicals I'm addicted to..

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 10:24:52 AM »
 clp

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 11:01:49 AM »
As a past smoker and not one of those anti smokers, I think anyone today that is still smoking with all the evidence of how it can cause cancer and heart disease would have enough inspiration to quit based on that,not to mention the cost for killing yourself. Like I said I quit after 30 years of smoking none filtered Camels,and I know it was one of the contributors to me having a heart attach some years later.

Rod; I'm glad you are seeing the light,and I hope you get off everything asap. I have lost to many family and friends to lung cancer,and they all smoked. nosmly
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 11:15:12 AM »
Proud of you Rod! chrz
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 11:36:11 AM »
I don't feel like I " Don't Smoke"  I Just Vape Now.  Not much different  as you can see..

Will I have a cigarette ever again?  Yea.. If I want to.. but trying not to..

Not looking for praise here..  just showing there is a better alternative for us all.  The Tobacco companies are starting to feel the pinch!!..

Weening myself off the "Tobacco Flavor"  soon it will just be coffee.

[youtube=640,390]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkkgYsfl__I[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 03:57:33 PM by Hotrod »

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 02:16:21 PM »
Way to go clp slt
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 02:38:01 PM »
Now ya have to figure out how to make some money off this product.  t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 02:54:45 PM »
Congrats Rod. chrz
Thanks for the inspiration  t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 06:01:39 PM »
I was using the logic "e cigs" for a while until I read a study on them that said they contained 60 percent more formaldehyde than regular cigs  fcp
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 06:08:41 PM »
I was using the logic "e cigs" for a while until I read a study on them that said they contained 60 percent more formaldehyde than regular cigs  fcp

Yeah vaping is not good for you either, but if you're using it as a tool to quit smoking it's a good thing. t^

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 08:44:19 AM »
I was using the logic "e cigs" for a while until I read a study on them that said they contained 60 percent more formaldehyde than regular cigs  fcp

They changed a lot since they first came out.. as long as your buying US made liquid it's all fine..

I'm sure one way or another it's not good for you.  But it's better than the 40 cigarettes I smoked a day

Propylene Glycol (PG)
Propylene Glycol is an organic compound created in laboratories and has been approved by the FDA for various purposes. It’s used in theatrical smoke machines, skin and personal care products, pharmaceutical goods and as a food additive in thousands of different products that we consume everyday. In an electronic cigarette, PG is a base that produces vapor and is known for creating a strong ‘throat hit.’ The liquid is colorless, odorless and tasteless, and it’s been studied extensively for years. Research has confirmed its safety in various forms, including vapor.

Vegetable Glycerin (VG)

Like PG, vegetable glycerin (or vegetable glycerol) is another base ingredient used in electronic cigarettes. VG is derived from vegetable plant oils and is considered 100% natural and safe. Because of it’s thicker properties it tends to produce more vapor, but less throat hit, so many e-cig companies use a combination of PG and VG to produce the most accurate and smooth experience.

Nicotine
Nicotine gets a bad rap, and although it can be highly addictive and produce mild side effects, nicotine DOES NOT cause cancer. There are more than 4,000 other chemicals found in cigarette smoke, many of which are cancer-causing carcinogens and the source of most smoking-related diseases. A stimulant similar to caffeine, nicotine is found naturally in tobacco leaves, as well as 66 other plants such as tomatoes, eggplants, potatoes, peppers and more.

Distilled Water
In some cases, especially when vegetable glycerin (VG) is the primary base being used, distilled
water is added as a diluent to reduce the viscosity of the e-liquid mixture. This helps prevent build up and ensures smooth and trouble-free e-cig operation.

Added Flavoring
One of the attractions to e-cigs for many users is the wide array of flavors. Although the actual ingredients will vary between manufacturers, flavoring is typically made-up of naturally occuring or FDA-approved, food-grade additives. Some examples include:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:59:02 AM by Hotrod »

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-