Author Topic: To My Smoking Friends..  (Read 141523 times)

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Re: To My Smoking Friends..
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2015, 10:51:01 AM »
48 hour update

Been using the pen now for 48 hours and not one smoke, going through a tank to a tank and ¼.

I wanted to know how much juice I should go through so I did some research.

A bottle of juice is 10ml of 10 or 15mg of nicotine or 100 or 150mg’s per bottle.

An average cigarette is 0.5mg of nicotine, the equivalent of 10mg per pack.   

A tank is 1.6ml, so one tank is equivalent of 15mg of juice equals 2 ½ packs of smokes.

Further research says when vaping your body absorbs 40 to 60% of the nicotine.

That brings a tank to around a pack to a pack and a quarter of smokes.

So I contacted two guys that are smarter than me to check my numbers and they both agreed with the numbers.  pawle

So I want to try to get to one tank a day and cut back from there.

Also it was brought to my attention that the tank was made that size so if you filled it in the morning you should be good for the day if you are a pack a day smoker. 

Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2015, 11:13:24 AM »
I don't buy that.. My research says different..

First, do electronic cigarettes deliver the same amount of nicotine to the bloodstream as a traditional cigarette? Answer – No. The Ecigarette Research Advocates Group3 conducted a study Nicotine Absorption from Electronic Cigarette Use where they found “Nicotine absorption from e-cigarettes was significantly lower compared to tobacco cigarettes. In reality, 5 minutes of use led to ⅓ to ¼ of the plasma nicotine levels with smoking one tobacco cigarette. Even after 1 hour of use, users could not obtain plasma nicotine levels similar to smoking one cigarette in 5 minutes. The new-generation device was more efficient in nicotine delivery, with nicotine levels being 35-72% higher than those observed by using the first-generation device.” These results are nearly identical to a study by Scientific Reports4  Nicotine Absorption from Electronic Cigarette Use. It concluded: “Compared to smoking one tobacco cigarette, the electronic cigarette device and liquid used in this study delivered ⅓ to ¼ the amount of nicotine after 5 minutes of use. New-generation devices were more efficient in nicotine delivery but still delivered nicotine much slower compared to tobacco cigarettes.” Based on these studies, it appears that vaping offers a significantly lower nicotine level than smoking a traditional cigarette. - See more at: http://blog.mtbakervapor.com/nicotine-absorption-when-vaping/#sthash.ZYSS3lvk.dpuf

Call your Vape shop.. I did  and they say it's hard to compare.. it's like apples and oranges..  The guy I spoke to is coming off 2 packs a day and using 6-7 mls of juice a day..

Do what works for you..  But one tank isn't giving your the same amount off nicotine in your blood stream as a pack of cigs..
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 11:28:08 AM by Hotrod »

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2015, 01:32:34 PM »
The variables here are the absorption rate of e-cig vs a regular cigarette

My research showed .5 mg nicotine per Marboro light ... Is that total available nicotine ? And what % of that does the smoker get into his bloodstream ??  Thats the variable ...

We can calculate the amount of Nicotine in a bottle of juice very easy ..again what is the bodies absorption rate ??  More variables ..

Material that I read last night suggests between 40 to 60 %  so I used 50% for my calculations

So some simple straight math says that there is 150mg ( Of total available nicotine )  per 15mg bottle @ 10ml ( 10 X 15 = 150 )

150 mgs of Nicotine = to the stated value my research discovered  of 300 Marboro lights @ .5 mgs per cigarette  ( a carton and a half ) . ( In total available nicotine ) ( 150mgs of nicotine divided by .5 mg = 300

The above is assuming a 100% absorption of all available nicotine ...

Assume a 50% rate of absorption with a vape pen ...and I get to 150 cigarette ( 7.5 packs ) per 10 ml bottle

Assume a 25% rate of absorption with vale pen .. And we get to 75 cigarettes ( 3 3/4 packs ) per 10 ml bottle

I think the bottom line here is to not over do the juice because it appears it would be very easy to increase our daily nicotine level with out even knowing being that's it's difficult to quantify the nicotine on the vape vs a cigarette ..

Common sense would dictate that if a two pack a day smoker using a vale pen and not craving a cigarette is getting at the very least an equal
Amount of nicotine .... And perhaps is exceeding that and not even knowing ...explaining no cravings ...

In conclusion .. I would only hit the vape if feeling the urge to light up.. Take a puff or two to suppress the urge ... And then wait for the next urge to light up before another  round on the vape pen ... Because to me if you don't crave the nicotine you have at the very least consumed and equal your body requires and was accustomed to ...or exceeded what your intake was with the normal cigarettes.....hence no urge to light up ..

Would be very easy to ratchet up your bodies nicotine addiction under the guise of trying to quit without even knowing....

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2015, 01:49:07 PM »
Well said Ken  t^

It's all about getting your nicotine needed level down.

It seams it would be easy to increase it with the pen.

Did you stay at a Holiday inn last night?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2015, 03:20:12 PM »
If i use 1/2 bottle a day.  trust me.. I'm not getting the nicotine the same as smoking 4 packs of cigarettes..  This has been researched by people who have staid in a holiday inn..  

If you look  Most people coming off 1-2 packs a day are using 3-6 ml of juice a day.  If you can get through the day with 1.5 mils..  you shouldn't even be smoking this. you don't need it..

Saying 1-2 puffs= a cig..  Is not correct..

Let me know how you make out with 1.5 mil a day coming off 2 packs ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 03:23:05 PM by Hotrod »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2015, 03:29:45 PM »
Well said Ken  t^

And it's also about removing the 7000 Chemicals and Cancer risk in a Cig..

I did this to quite smoking cigs.. Not quite having nicotine..

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 03:42:45 PM by Hotrod »

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2015, 03:50:35 PM »
I was using the 10mg juice today I went to a tobacco shop bought a bottle of 6mg juice. They sell 0mg nicotine juice. Working my way to that hopefully soon.
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2015, 03:51:13 PM »
Well said Ken  t^

And it's also about removing the 7000 Chemicals and Cancer risk in a Cig..

I did this to quite smoking cigs.. Not quite having niotine..

YES! Very true
But you don't want to raise the amount of nicotine you are taking in.

That's all I'm saying

Put me on a fishing boat for a day and I can out smoke just about anyone.

Let me go though a normal day and I will smoke a pack to a pack and a half.

I am at about 3/4 of a tank so far today and should end up around a tank. If I didn't need this like you say, I would be fighting with someone by now.

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2015, 03:52:54 PM »
I was using the 10mg juice today I went to a tobacco shop bought a bottle of 6mg juice. They sell 0mg nicotine juice. Working my way to that hopefully soon.

t^  clp

How many tanks do you use in a day?

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2015, 04:11:38 PM »
Don't get me wrong Rod ...

These things are great !!  Helping a lot on here and that's cool ...

Mine should be here by Friday .. Can't wait to start using ...

Just trying to understand and be able to quantify this thing so it has a   Beneficial use ... That's all ...

Just makes sense that if your not Joanzing for a cig that you are equal or more in total nicotine consumption and want to know that so I dont up my bodies addiction to nicotine ...  Making the problem worse ...

Nicotine is the chemical that causes the heart disease ...
The other chemicals cause the cancers ....

That's all ....'oops .... Check out time at the Holiday Inn ... Gota go !!
I killed the mini bar too... rofla   

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2015, 05:08:21 PM »

t^  clp

How many tanks do you use in a day?

Probably 3 or 4 right now.
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2015, 05:15:26 PM »
From  http://tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/23/suppl_2/ii30.full

Ten minutes after the 10-puff bout, plasma nicotine concentrations significantly increased to 6.77 ng/mL. Although direct comparisons to traditional cigarettes cannot be made, plasma nicotine concentrations following a single cigarette average 15–20 ng/mL

From same site,,,
 Trehy and colleagues measured nicotine yield in 100 mL puffs from eight NJOY, Smoking Everywhere and CIXI products.3 Labelled nicotine content ranged from 11 to 24 mg/cartridge. Nicotine yield was highly variable, ranging from 0 to 43.2 µg nicotine/100 mL puff. For comparison, a Marlboro cigarette yielded 152–193 µg nicotine/100 mL puff with the same experimental method.

Taken from http://www.healthnz.co.nz/cancerrisk.htm
 In e-cigarettes, the nicotine inhaled per puff is much less than (about one tenth) in a cigarette puff
All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2015, 05:40:48 PM »
Sounds like they stayed at a holiday Inn... 

3-4 uncle Luna..  I'm about  4 a day for a 17 hour day
That's  about 5 mil....

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2015, 05:50:35 PM »
 With the njoy tips I'm was doing like 3 tanks a day.

With this new vapor set up I have, it has a 5ml tank. The new tank in itself will burn more juice per hit, and i'm doing like 7ml a work day. 10ml on an off day.

With the new tank, knowing it was gonna burn more juice, I dropped down to 12mg/ml of nic from njoys 15mg/ml nic level. Couple weeks and I plan to drop to 10mg/ml.

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2015, 05:54:44 PM »
Read some of that article Greg ..

Says that when the machine was used the nicotine was absorbed was moderately less ( define Moderately )

I continued to read and the article the  stated that when they studied experienced e~cig smokers the nicotine intake more resembled a real cigarette ...

Here's my point ...

If you smoked x amount of cigs per day there was a particular amount of nic consumed ... Different for each person depending on brand and packs a day smoked right ???

For the guys that are using the e cig and boast that they are fine and no withdrawals or cravings !!!  That's great !!  

But are they consuming the same amount of nic as they were with reg cigs or going way over that ? How  do you tell ??  You may feel great and think finally gona kick this habit and have no idea you are consuming 2 maybe 3 times more nicotine which is not a good thing ..

Rick and I are trying to get a feel for what amount of juice replaces a pack a day or 2 packs a day ...

If you vape all day and crave a cig a couple of times during the day I'd say you are at or slightly below the nic level you got while you smoked cigs ..

If you vape all day and have no cravings I would suggest you are consuming around the same amount of nic as with the cigs . Or more and how much more could be a lot .

Each of us are addicted to nicotine ... And our bodies need a certain amount of it everyday ... Some 20 cigs ... Some more but our body wants about the same amount everyday...

Just trying to put an amount of juice that is equal to an amount of cigs ..

I don't want to go from a pack of cigs to e-vaping the equivalent of 5 packs in nicotine ...

I'd still put this thing at around a tank per pack..  Pack in a half   ( aprox ) due to the figures and math a did ...

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2015, 06:01:21 PM »
You will find what makes you feel ok..
And you will find when it's not doing enough..

It's different for everyone.  I am happy with the amount I'm doing and I don't think it's worse than smoking 2 packs a day..  In time.. I will work it down.. 

My update is no cigs in 2 weeks

Doing about 5Ml a day.. And I don't feel like I smoked 5 Packs worth of Nicotine for the day..

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2015, 06:05:56 PM »
 The main problem with the debate, is there really is no direct relation from one to the other. I tried as I could to find the differences, but they just aren't there. Only best guesses. There was a couple more sites I can't refind that also stated with 16mg/ml nic level 10 ecig drags equaled 1 analog cig drag.

Think it all has to do with absorption rate and level of the user. Some of the big time vapers will fill a whole damn room with vapor from one drag,, I think they would be higher than an analog cig.

Regardless, I'm huffing away and gonna keep dropping my nic level till I can hit 0, then you can just stop and walk away.

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2015, 06:20:18 PM »
Ata a boy Greg !! Keep it up and good luck !!

I get mine in 2 days !!  I hope I NJoy the same success as you guys have

See what I did there ..... NJoy ... Enjoy .. rofla

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2015, 06:20:55 PM »
Debate this all you want. I don't want to smoke cigarettes anymore.. So I will do what it takes.. and then go from there..

If you can go from 2 packs a day.. to 1.5 mL of vape a day.. that's great.  I can't  at least not now..

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2015, 06:27:31 PM »
Ata a boy Greg !! Keep it up and good luck !!

I get mine in 2 days !!  I hope I NJoy the same success as you guys have

See what I did there ..... NJoy ... Enjoy .. rofla

I didn't get into it to quit smoking, I just wanted to see what it was about, that way I didn't set myself up for failure.

When you do get it, First and foremost, allow the juice to soak into the tips wick for a few minutes.

Then what i did was play with it, take a few hits off it. Go have an analog cig if you want. Then here and there take a few more drags of the vape, and eventually you'll find yourself wanting the vape more than the cigs, they will start to taste worse as you go.

Then finally you'll be washing all your coats, and scrubbing the crap out of your truck cause it smells so bad in there.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-