Author Topic: Fish On Weekly Report 11/4 Cow Alert  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Fishonw/Ron

• Sponsor
    • Custom Boat lettering
Fish On Weekly Report 11/4 Cow Alert
« on: November 04, 2007, 12:01:28 PM »
Surf reports from Ortley Beach north to the Sandy Hook rips are finally producing some keeper size bass. Wind conditions made it tough to get out but anglers off the surf made up for it.

Heavier rods and weight were able to produce bass from 12 to 18 lbs. According to surf anglers there are plenty of bass headed our way. Montauk reports are always a good indicator for what’s to come to the Garden State and from what reports show the bass are bigger than ever.

Last week angler Mike Milano from Seldon landed a true cow off the rocks along Montauk's south side. In the last two weeks he has taken credit for a 37-pounder and a 55 pounder on the beach with live eels. Well at 2am Wednesday on outgoing tide he was throwing a big yellow darter which had produced a few bass to 18lbs when he got hit by what he explained as a freight train a fish that was unstoppable on its initial run. Well of course the fish then wrapped itself around a rock which Mike was able to work around wearing a wet suit. Twenty five minutes later he won the battle and landed a 61.44 pound cow.  The trophy striper was officially weighed at Paulie's Tackle of Montauk. Milano fishes 15 to 20 hours a week and favors late night trips "coming off the full moon." With these fish to his credit I will take that advice.

Ed Yuengel from NJSaltwaterfisherman.com talked his dad into fishing so they did some trolling with shad rigs. The bluefish found there way into the mix and did their damage to the Shad lures. But with some doubles, both stripers and blues it was a perfect day for father and son.

The Gambler from Pt. Pleasant had there first striper trip of the year and fought through plenty of blues to get through to a few keeper bass all on jigs.
Captain Bob is also still sailing overnight to the canyons for tuna and he had a slow steady pick of tuna every 20 to 40 minutes at the southern canyons through-out the night and into the day. Mostly big long fin with a couple of yellows. The Gambler had great weather Halloween night and some cool stuff, like the humpback whale that came right up to the boat, porpoise, a mako that did some acrobatics and a tile fish that was nearly 50 lbs. And it wouldn’t be a Canyon trip with out a big school of mahi around the boat, too.Tuna should remain in the Canyons for November so if you have the fight in you reserve a trip with Captain Bob.

Aboard Party Boat Angler Captain Greg has been picking plenty of porgies and blackfish. Ed Aspril from Bonton caught at least 25 tog with 10 being over 14 inches and saved his biggest to win the pool. If you want to relax and enjoy plenty of bottom fishing action reach out to Captain George at captaingeorge@monmouth.com

STRIPER ALERT if you have a Striper encounter and wish to share it with us please send your report to me ron@signbrothers.com 
Fish On.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Fish On Weekly Report 11/4 Cow Alert
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 06:25:38 PM »
Again, nice report Ron.  Always good a good read.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 09:33:53 PM »
 whs
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 11:20:05 PM »
Thanks for he report Ron,

I will be out early this week hit'in the suds. 

We have a major competition this weekend, Friday to be exact.  Giant Stadium, man its gong to be cold at night up there. 

I will be starting at Ortley and working my way south.  It seems the only thing working are clams on a fish finder rig.  So, I guess I'll go with the clams and see what happens.

All the spots probably have changed after the snotty weather we had so a look see of low tide is in order.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 11:49:47 PM »
 t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-