Author Topic: weekend cod report  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Capt. Denis

• Sponsor
weekend cod report
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:50:27 AM »
2/7 cod report
We canceled our open boat trip because we didn't get enough people, but ended up with last min charter and it was pretty good fishing with about 4doz cod caught 40/60 keeper throw back ratio, plus 8lb tog as a bonus

2/8 cod report
We had a crew of 5 for this open boat trip and we decided to take advantage of calm ocean try some different areas today, first spot started out good with one of the guys jigging up 3 pollock to 20pounds in first 20 min being there he also dropped couple big fish, other guys were picking good on cod and pollock with bait,but the problem was they were mostly short with only a few making it into the cooler, but good action, next spot same deal mostly shorts and coupe keeper cod, 3d spot we drifted and picked couple more keeper cod, but doggies were coming after us and we went to the next spot and that was the best one of the day with drop and reel action for about an hour of cod with better keeper ratio so at the end of the day everyone went home with nice bag of fillets.
We covered a lot of ground today to get a feeling for the the fish are, so we can get right back to it as soon as we get good weather window.

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
Re: weekend cod report
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 11:52:00 AM »
 t^
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 05:12:24 PM »
 TT^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 07:20:50 PM »
 chrz
Nice to see a report thankyou t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 09:45:20 PM »
 TT^
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-