Author Topic: Sunday 11/04  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
Sunday 11/04
« on: November 04, 2007, 05:12:40 PM »
I honesty thought the bass/blues would be on the feed after the blow once the wind swung around to the W/NW.

Jason and I were 2 of the 5 fares that showed up at the Gambler this morning. Odviously not enough to sail but the captain was nice enough to drive up to the Cock Robin and see if he was sailing. He was soon back and said they were and they were going to wait 15 minutes if any of us wanted to go over there. Jason and myself and 1 other did to join the other 23 fares.

Broke the inlet to flat seas. Saw a few terns dipping right outside the inlet (actually these were the only birds we saw all day excpet 1 diving gannet).

Headed north as far as Spring Lake and dropped on some solid marks. Unfortunately these fish had a severe case of lock jaw (theme for the day). Turned around and ran back south closer to the beach making 1 or 2 more fishless drops. Steamed further south to off Ortley--again fishless. Kept going south until were were half down ISBP. Again made some fishless drops before headed back north. One more drop further offshore and finally the 3 toots of the horn were blown to end what is without a doubt the worst day of fishing I have ever experienced.

The only thing caught all day was a skate (jigged by Jason) and a spiny dogfish by someone who dropped a piece of bait.

As stated didn't see any birds the whole day nor any bait.

Did however meet some real nice fisherman so the conversation was nice.

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Re: Sunday 11/04
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 05:27:20 PM »
it seems like that was the case all over, samething happened after the last blow.. 5hrug bngh

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 06:03:10 PM »
Yep, nothing from Shark River north to the Shrewsbury Rocks for me today.   :-\
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline SouthPaw

• There's more to it than catching
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 09:17:09 PM »
Same story up from Shark River to the Hook. :'(
A good day of fishing is better than a bad day of fishing. A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. That means work sucks!

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »
seems like the same story
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline adesai73

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 10:13:07 AM »
I fished off of Cliffwood Beach for several hours yesterday and I didn't get a thing.  Neither did anyone else fishing near me.  My girlfriend took a walk up and down the beach and the only thing she saw was one person who had landed a 24" blue.

Nothing happenin'....at least it's not just me!

Offline DoormatHunter

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 03:08:34 PM »
Sailed on the Lady J with Captain Ross out of Belamr and the bite was slow due to Saturday's storm.  Got on some good bottom and had nothing but a small seabass, and a sea robin off the sandy hook reef.  Made our way home south and saw a few birds feeding on bait in the area off of long branch.  Metal and jigs were thrown but nothing biting.  Decided to anchor up on some rocks off of Long Branch and caught a 25 inch striper on a green crab!  I thought it was a nice blackfish and had a big smile when I saw those stripes, fish was released.  Gotta love this sport called fishing.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 03:10:13 PM by DoormatHunter »

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 03:42:28 PM »
Nice catch with the striper.  If you are talking about Sunday, I do believe I heard talk of that catch on the radio.  Capt was asking for the legal size of striper at about 2-3pm.
I didn't hear of many fish caught from Manasquan to the Hook.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-