Author Topic: Review Ford Motor Company Beware  (Read 9239 times)

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Review Ford Motor Company Beware
« on: February 11, 2015, 10:40:33 AM »
If you are in the market for a new car or truck and may want a Ford.

BEWARE

After your purchase of your new vehicle, Ford will ask you to fill out a survey on the dealership.

If you tell the truth and give any kind poor feedback the dealer can and will refuse to repair your new vehicle and Ford does not care at all.

If Ford knows all customers are told when they buy a new car that you will be getting a survey and you have to say you are completely satisfied with the dealership. Why does Ford even ask you to fill it out?
I guess it’s because they can advertise high numbers in customer satisfaction.

If you search this topic on the internet, you will see it happens all of the time. Many people send in a poor marks on a dealership and were blackballed from the service dept.

It does not matter how good of a customer you are. I have purchased 3 new cars from them since 2012 and spend anywhere from $5,000.00 to $25,000 a month with them in parts since 2002. I would think that is a pretty good customer.

My son took his car in for warranty this past summer and was jerked around for over a week, so he gave a bad review.
He called yesterday to make an appointment and the service manager called me and said we will not work on the car “take it somewhere else”.  He told me they do not want to work on the car because of the poor review.

I called Ford and they told me they will take a report, but don’t expect for anything to happen and take the car to a different dealer.

Keep this in mind if you are thinking about buying a Ford product.

For me I no longer will buy a Ford product.

Just a heads up
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
Re: Review Ford Motor Company Beware
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 10:48:10 AM »
 pcrn

Just waiting for Nick's Reply to this one ! LOL
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 10:53:27 AM »
pcrn

Just waiting for Nick's Reply to this one ! LOL

Don't tell him

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 11:36:23 AM »
Lol
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 02:19:18 PM »
The last two Fords I've owned were nightmares.  I had a Mustang that caught on fire twice and a more recently a Ranger that the transmission went on right after the warranty expired.   :P

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 04:55:35 PM »
 pcrn
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 05:09:20 PM by Hotrod »

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 07:15:29 PM »

What a load of crap, had Fords in the past and meh. GMs too, meh. And I can't get past the "go bankrupt, get bailed out by MY taxpayer money, reorganize but you're really the same company with all the same problems but wow we are great again look at us." What about all of those GM investors that went belly up? They weren't ever made whole again- their stock investments went to zero. Glad I wasn't one of them.

Just for the record ... Ford was the only car company that reorganized themselves after the market crashed back in 2008 ... They took no Gov $$$  

It sucks if that is real .. Have two Fords in my driveway and have few complaints ... Although I do all  my own repair work ... The vehicles have treated me good .

1995 F 150   200k miles and still purrs like a kitten ...
2008 Eddiei Bauer Exployer ... 78k and no issues ...

Oh and did Rod just give us the ..... BOUNCE ??  rofla rofla
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:15:52 PM by Kenny »

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 07:22:38 PM »
Just fill me in on the bounce nts The rest of this car crap can go.
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 10:19:02 AM »
If you want to bash someone here, bash the dealer since they are privately owned.  Bashing Ford Motor Company is uncalled for since they are on top of the world right now in the market place, doing it without government bailout.  Their F series truck line is second to none.  Remember, having a bad experience with a DEALER has nothing to do with Ford as a whole..
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:22:45 AM by Luna Sea 4 »
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 11:59:52 AM »
I would have to agree with you. I should be telling you to stay away from Route 23 Auto Mall in Butler NJ, but this is the second time I had to call Ford Motor Co with a problem and nothing was done.

The first time was with my new 2002 F250 under warranty. I took the truck in for a bad vibration when braking.  Anyone who knows about cars knows the problem is warped rotors. The same dealer told me it was not warranty, but they did suggest too bring the truck back when the rep comes in and I did. The rep looked at the truck and then he called me to explain that the rotors will warp and that’s why they recommend too replace them when replacing the brake pads. He also said the brakes don’t look that old and I should have replaced the rotors when I did the brakes so he cannot do anything under warranty for me. 

When I told him the brakes on the truck were the same ones the truck was built with he said I still won’t do anything for you.

I called Ford about this and again Ford did nothing.

I have owned mostly Fords my whole life and never had any problems with them other than normal things and I don’t have a problem with that.

But when Ford Motor Co does not stand behind their customer, I think that is wrong.

I have worked for many dealers in my life and I know for a fact many manufactures can do what’s right for their customers if they want to.

I’m not a fan of the bail outs, but maybe that’s why Ford didn’t need one.  Don’t spend extra money for customer satisfaction.

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 12:45:59 PM »
The dealers try to screw ford in many ways.  I get a family discount that I can pass along to other.  When they go to the dealer with the pin number, they try to convince my buyer that they can offer better incentives without using my plan.  I had many fights with the dealers because of this.  My plan is in conjunction with any and all incentives and not "instead of". 

Most of out dealers give Ford a bad name.  All dealers are supposed to honor all warren tee work.  If you are not satisfied with one dealer, go to another.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 12:46:42 PM »
Ford is no where near being in the clear of the situation.  What's the point of their warranties if they won't stick to it or enforce discipline on the any dealer who rejects warranty service.  I had a dodge Dakota that I had the trans replaced 3 times (I beat on it) with no questions asked. My friends BMW, although they mechanics had no clue how to work on the car without using modern technology, had the entire engine rebuilt because of a ticking noise.  After 3 services on that problem and a corporate official coming down to oversee the final service, he still had the ticking.  We took it to our friends garage and just by listening to it, he found an air leak. I the end, he had about $15k in service covered under a warranty that was about 6 months from expiration. My truck had about $8k with 3 years left.  SO WHAT EXCUSE CAN FORD GIVE TO NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 12:47:50 PM by Takes Prizoners »

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 01:03:15 PM »
Ford does honor all warentee work.. It is the dealer that is giving the problem.. Go to another dealer.. If you want a good one, go to Irwin Lincoln and Mercury on rte 9 in Freehold. 

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 01:14:57 PM »
2000 F150 250K - Had to replace the clutch @ 200K. 

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 08:11:29 AM »
I have used Irwin for my Lincoln, didn't find them to be that reliable at all. They screwed up on my car a few times before I decided to go else ware.

I haven't found ford cars to be that reliable, the only Ford I have owned that I would consider as a decent vehicle was a 1966 F-100 PU and that had it's issues also.

I have decided to sell my car and in the future lease a vehicle instead of own one. In my mind it's less expensive and I'm not left holding the bag on a $30,000+ lemon.

Ford isn't the only auto manufacture out there selling crap, in my opinion they are all the same, and dealers are all full of it, you can't trust any of them.
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 09:18:04 PM »
Since I worked for Ford.. I have owned the following.

2 Explorers
2 Expeditions
1 Excursion
3 F250
1 F350
2 Escapes
Taurus
Cougar
Focus
Edge
Fusion

I never had a problem other then normal issues.  Warrentee work was always done perfect.  The only problem I had was a spark plug breaking in the cylinder of one of my Expeditions. Like EVERYTHING.. there is always some bad in the best products, but you only hear about the bad stories.  Negative press sells better with everything. 

I do have issues with the dealers though trying to not honor my discount price and try to convince the people I send the them that they can either have my plan price or the current incentives.. but this is wrong as the buyer is entitled to both..

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 09:59:06 PM »
I just purchased a new Ford Taurus, I guess I'll see what happens with future trips to the stealership. Its my first Ford since my '96 Bronco, I still miss that truck. I found myself at the Ford lot the same morning I left the Chevy stealership unsatisfied.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 07:50:37 AM »
Since I worked for Ford.. I have owned the following.

2 Explorers
2 Expeditions
1 Excursion
3 F250
1 F350
2 Escapes
Taurus
Cougar
Focus
Edge
Fusion

I never had a problem other then normal issues.  Warrentee work was always done perfect.  The only problem I had was a spark plug breaking in the cylinder of one of my Expeditions. Like EVERYTHING.. there is always some bad in the best products, but you only hear about the bad stories.  Negative press sells better with everything. 

I do have issues with the dealers though trying to not honor my discount price and try to convince the people I send the them that they can either have my plan price or the current incentives.. but this is wrong as the buyer is entitled to both..

It's understood that you have a certain loyalty to Ford, and that's great, but the statement, that only the bad issues get press is really not so. The good bad in automobiles cuts both ways in my opinion, you here some say what a great car such and such is and then someone else say how many problems they have had. I'm not trying to bash Ford simply because they are not the only manufacture of bad products. In my experience having owned three Ford products only one was half decent, a Ford F-100 in 1966. I personally would not buy another Ford product, But then again I wouldn't own any other auto for that matter. I made up my mind after owning the Lincoln that I presently have, that I will only lease a vehicle and never own a automobile again.   

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 10:20:58 AM »
Trust me.. I won't hold any loyalty to a product just because I work for the company.  My personal experience is based on just that, and as you can see, I have a lot of personal experience with them.  All companies have good and bad products and service.  Over all, Ford has the best truck division around based on sales overall ratings.  Their car line has improved tremendously through out the years and their technology have become another great feature. 

The privately owed dealer are just that.. they try to beast the average buyer and most of their customer service makes the company itself look bad.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 11:12:19 AM »
I respect you opinion based on your experience with Ford products, and it is indeed more vast then mine.

I still hold to my conviction not to own another automobile of any make. Simply because I can not justify owning something first of all that depreciates as soon as you drive it off the lot and secondly. I have yet to own a vehicle that has been that reliable to me as to have that much trust in owning it. Trust me. I have owned some top of the line Autos...not a brag. And none of them has lived up to the cost and reliability that any reasonable person should expect from a $45,000-$60,000 dollar investment.

I feel it is a better investment to lease then buy.

Dealers in my opinion are nothing short of liars and thieves, trying to fleece your money from you. I have experienced some really bad service management here in the Freehold area, and found that they also lie like a rug. So BOTTOM LINE. I don't trust care dealers,and they are the ones we have to deal with after the sale.

Before you say contact the motor company. I have done that, most recently Lincoln Motor Division about my Town Car. The word Unfortunately came up more times then I have hair on my head. Take my word for it, that's a lot of frigging hair. So that's my experience more then once.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-