Author Topic: Manasquan Ridge in danger  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Manasquan Ridge in danger
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:27:51 PM »
Losing prime fishing locations for beach replenishment. WTF? First I can't fish from the beach due to lack of public access in many areas, now areas that I fish from my boat they want to remove to rebuild the beach. http://www.app.com/story/sports/outdoors/fishing/hook-line-and-sinker/2015/02/24/fishing-sand-replenishment-prime-spots-destroyed/23964641/
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:33:40 PM by Fishin Dude »
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Manasquan Ridge in danger
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:36:16 PM »
They're doing it so we can pay for temporarily securing millionaires' vacation homes, which will soon be overlooking a dead sea. nosmly

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 07:54:54 AM »
If it's not the Corp of Engineers it is the draggers. Either way, both screw up the bottom and leave a barren desert below.  rgmn rgmn rgmn

I had a prime fluke spot 6 miles off of my inlet. Only boat fishing it as all others were still fishing the beach as the size limit was still reasonable. Brought back 4-5 pound fluke and limit or near limit most trips just fishing that spot. Skip will verify that. Draggers started hitting the spot and now the only thing we catch on them lumps is dogfish.  :P

Corp of Engineers did the same to the Lucky Strike only a mile-2 miles off my inlet. Flattened out the lump and now, zippo.

But we do have the politicians willing and able to appease the rich at all costs. Wait, the politicians are the rich.  nosmly
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline sealife

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 08:49:52 AM »
Joe you are right the lucky strike was a productive area but since the dredging it has been pretty devoid of life. 

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 09:06:01 AM »
 nosmly

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 08:25:40 PM »
If it's not the Corp of Engineers it is the draggers. Either way, both screw up the bottom and leave a barren desert below.  rgmn rgmn rgmn

I had a prime fluke spot 6 miles off of my inlet. Only boat fishing it as all others were still fishing the beach as the size limit was still reasonable. Brought back 4-5 pound fluke and limit or near limit most trips just fishing that spot. Skip will verify that. Draggers started hitting the spot and now the only thing we catch on them lumps is dogfish.  :P

Corp of Engineers did the same to the Lucky Strike only a mile-2 miles off my inlet. Flattened out the lump and now, zippo.

But we do have the politicians willing and able to appease the rich at all costs. Wait, the politicians are the rich.  nosmly
What Joe says is true, it's a shame they are going to do this. We are fighting a up hill battle and every season it's a new challenge , this year sonic blasting and the removal of habitat  thd
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 07:56:53 AM »
I will never understand why the human race feels the perpetual need to "fix" everything in nature.

JCAA and other groups are opposing the plan.
Reach out to your RFA reps, fishing club Presidents, etc and encourage them to fight this. 

Offline striperdad

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 06:23:09 PM »
Yearly bull crap. rgmn rgmn rgmn

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-