Author Topic: sunday skunking  (Read 1323 times)

Offline makokeith

• Personal Best 38LBS
sunday skunking
« on: November 05, 2007, 09:31:33 PM »
Left the marina at around 9am and drifted eels at the rips for 3 hrs and got nothing..saw some marks but couldnot get them to bite. went to shrewsbury rocks and trolled manns for a while with nothing and headed back south running along the beach with  no bites at all. actually saw some bass fins but they were eating those little silversides.  headed back to the hook for some more trolling and did nothing for another hour or so and finally called it a day.   I saw no bird action. And it did not look like anyone was doing much.

The good news for that day was that I now have a water slip at ahmm for the month of nov. and will be able to get out more with a lot less trouble. The tides look good for after work trips this week so I will try to get out a couple of times......see ya there..
Keith
Franklin, N.J.
Proud member of the I.B.E.W. local 827

MAKO 250wa twin 150 E-tecs
  Happily fishing out of Atlantic Highlands Municiple Marina.

Offline makokeith

• Personal Best 38LBS
Re: sunday skunking
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 09:45:37 PM »
forgot to mention that some guy on the radio was claiming 32-36"s at breezy point.   can someone tell me where that is?
Keith
Franklin, N.J.
Proud member of the I.B.E.W. local 827

MAKO 250wa twin 150 E-tecs
  Happily fishing out of Atlantic Highlands Municiple Marina.

Offline mgm

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 10:02:43 PM »
Breezy Point is in NY waters where Rockaway Inlet comes into the approach to Ambrose.

First point of land past Coney Island.
" The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses. "

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:20:45 PM »
Good try Keith.  Seems like the weekend weather did a number on the bite for a few days.  Hopefully it will pick up for us in the next couple of days.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-