Author Topic: Sharkfest 2015  (Read 5467 times)

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Sharkfest 2015
« on: March 23, 2015, 03:04:09 PM »
https://www.sharkfest2015.com/shark-fest-home.html

I'll be in Myrtle Beach those days.  Good  luck TT^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Sharkfest 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 10:44:29 AM »
 t^ ... Thanks ...  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 09:15:30 PM »
Went to the site, I'm interested. Read the rules, they are unclear. It describes the point system, starting procedure, fishing times, requirements etc, but no entry fees, only that a $100 deposit is required. Don't miss the big weigh in is advertised, but the rules seem to lead to a C&R tournament.  :headscra:
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 07:46:10 AM »
Entry fee is $500 Darren. If you pay the $100 it is a deposit and holds your spot on the starting line. You leave port by your entry number. First entered leaves first, etc.

https://www.sharkchallenge2015.com/
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 01:31:02 PM »
Im registered already with Team CharterFox already as Capt.
the entry fee is nominal bit the big money is in the calcuttas....if you get in them all its like an extra 1500.
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Shark Challenge

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 03:31:12 PM »
Hi Everyone!!!

My name is Jack Donlon, Tournament Director of Shark Challenge 2015 aka "Are You Man Enough Shark Challenge 6.
My Cell number is 609 349 2375.
If anyone has any questions I am always available.

I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself and answer a few questions and comments on this thread.

Teams fish shifts from Friday through Sunday morning. #tag and release 60" or greater Blue, Mako or Thresher for points. Our method of validation is 100%. Additionally, the Calcuttas are for Mako and Thresher and those shark are brought back for weigh-in at Shark Fest. Great lengths have been gone to and years of tweaks and drastic changes have enabled us to present a hybrid tournament that rewards catch and release AND allows a responsible, limited amount of anglers to make their own legal choices. There is also a grand prize in the making for setting the NJ State Thresher record.

The entry is $500 for one shift and $250 for a second shift. A team does not have to fish more than one shift to win...  

We offer a payment option of $100 deposit to secure your place at the start line. Teams leave in the order they enter... Also it is easier to put up $100 get in and then go get your team together...

The Calcuttas offer the opportunity for big payouts.. They are separate from the tournament and there is no obligation to join any. They pay 100% back

The event supports a charity called SHARK SENSE, Inc. This organization is dedicated to stopping the brutal act of Shark Finning which kills millions of Shark annually. Shark Sense is also dedicated to educating the public that Shark Finning and recreational shark fishing are not the same...

The corporations that are decimating the rain forests do so by cutting down trees... My Landscaper also cuts down trees... We certainly do not blame the landscaper for destroying the rainforest...

Yes- the name is the "Are You Man Enough? Shark Challenge! 6" I have taken great heat for the tongue in cheek name that some people take waaaay too seriously. It makes great headlines and news clips so I kept it...

I hope to meet many of you at Shark Fest and look forward to re-joining the local Raritan Bay fishing community.

www.sharkfest2015.com
www.sharkchallenge2015.com
www.runningwiththesharks.com

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 04:14:43 PM by Shark Challenge »

Offline Shark Challenge

• Full Member of the Den
UPDATE Shark Challenge 2015 / Are You Man Enough Shark Challenge 6
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »
So - As the Weather gets better and the Tournament grows closer, I am excited to announce some updates to the Shark Challenge!

We have had an overwhelming response and as great as that is it caused some logistic issues.

The GREAT NEWS is that we will now be able to accommodate as many teams as we need to and FINALLY able to open up the 28 foot and smaller division.

The start and finish for all shifts is unchanged, but we are moving the weigh-in/Check-in station to Baker's Marina on the Bay in the Highlands. Just about a mile up the shore line and we will be able to accommodate much more volume.

They are also providing us with an awesome dockside space for the teams and the party on Sunday!

The 28 foot and under portion of the tournament with different price points will open the event up to a whole new group. Check out the website for all the changes and info.    www.sharkchallenge2015.com

Again, good luck to all who enter and I hope to see you there!

Questions? I am always around! give me a call...

Jack Donlon
609 349 2375 Cell

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-