Author Topic: Deep Sea Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today  (Read 756 times)

Offline Capt. Zsak

• Top Shot Fishing
  • Sponsor
Deep Sea Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today
« on: April 27, 2015, 10:08:56 PM »
Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Joe Downey, President of Downey Auto Repair, Inc., along with his son, Owen, age 11, from New York chartered the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea big game sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL.    Today winds were out of the east at 10 mph, seas running 3-4 ft., temperatures in the mid 80’s with blue skies. 

As I greeted the young angler while he boarded the boat, I asked him what type of fish he wanted to catch.  A smile from ear to ear showed up on his face and his reply was – “A Shark”.  I asked him what his weight was and he said 94 lbs, to which I responded that hopefully the fish would weigh more than him.  

Off we went - fifteen minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft. of water off of the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, 1.8 miles from shore.  We started to troll the reefs in Fort Lauderdale with two plainers, one with a pink and blue sea witch and the other with a blue and white sea witch in front of a double hooked Bonito strip.  For surface baits we went with Ballyhoos and Bonito strips. 

Father and son were bonding at the same time they were taking turns bringing in four Kingfish and two Bonitos.  I asked Owen if he was ready to do some Shark fishing, and he was.  Out to the Shark grounds we went, which is located in 350 ft. of water off of Fort Lauderdale.  We put out one surface bait, one midrange bait and one bottom bait.  It did take long for the bite to come, as the bottom rod bent over and screamed line off of the 80 International Reel.  Excitedly, Owen jumped into the fighting chair and was strapped in, feeling the power of the Shark at the end of the line.  After a forty minute battle the young angler still had a lot of energy left; he subdued the Hammerhead Shark and brought him to the side of the boat.  The Hammerhead Shark measured out 91 inches, estimated weight – 190 lbs.  The Shark was released to do battle again.  Owen received congratulations from his father and crew. 

It was time to head back - all the anglers relaxed in the a/c salon for the trip back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316. 

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net   Website:  www.topshotfishing.com

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Deep Sea Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 10:40:34 AM »
 clp t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-