Author Topic: Heading out to IBSP to see what happens...  (Read 3018 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Heading out to IBSP to see what happens...
« on: May 07, 2015, 12:52:21 PM »
Heading out shortly to IBSP with my neighbor to test out the Expedition after all the work that was done on it ever the winter.  Of course the poles will be up front, just in case we see something breaking.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Heading out to IBSP to see what happens...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 02:15:48 PM »
Good luck Paul.. Look forward to your report t^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Heading out to IBSP to see what happens...
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 08:06:28 AM »
Well the report is a almost a non report.  We did get out on the sand and I have to tell you after a year of not being out there it felt fantastic.  The water was clean and green with a slight chop.  Not much as far as fish action though especially with us.  I wound up taking my neighbor out and we decided that the conditions looked great but with the fog rolling in and for the first time in a long time I have not been out we would just poke around and get use to the sand and driving.

We did see some nice blues being caught close to the inlet but the inlet itself was a no show for those that were fishing it.  We saw bottle poppers, deadly dicks and jigs being used with no luck.  I still think if your not catching try something new.  If your sticking with the lure of choice try different retrieve rates.  Everyone I saw was retrieving fast and pumping hard.  All with no fish.  My years of fishing that inlet I would of used or at least tried a white jig with a white curly tail thrown up current and retrieved fairly slow.  Yes you will most likely loose rigs now because of rocks out from the jetty but you will be covering more water effectively.

That's my 2 cents.  I might be going out tonight to actually fish with the wife.  Looking forward to landing something this time.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-