Author Topic: Stripers in Garlic and Onions  (Read 36540 times)

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Stripers in Garlic and Onions
« on: May 13, 2015, 12:07:44 AM »
I put it all together that my colleague Nick is Ed Plichta's nephew, when he dropped off a nice bag of chunks for me the other day. He regales me with tales of the Plichta brothers fishing RB at every chance. With my inability to get a keeper yet this year, you guessed it, I was elated. I think the freezer is down to 1 bag.

So I've always done a version of this and always make the same mistakes so hopefully you won't too.

Start with a big pan that you can cover and saute up about 5-6 cloves of garlic diced finely in EVO. You can use the regs but I believe the extra virgin makes a difference. When that is going good add another clove or two. Don't cut it too coarse.
Now onions 1/4"-3/8" chopped so they will reduce evenly. get it all sizzlin on Med-Hi and keep adding more til it starts to brown, but more important it covers the whole bottom of the pan when spread out thin.Add more EVO or butter if you like don't let it dry out.
Layer the striper chunks right on the sizzling mix  I try to make them portion sizes triangular so they fit in the pan nicely. Last nite we had 8 nice chunks in a big pan.

Add about 1/2 cup white wine over the top of the fish and cover. I always think it's too dry and add more wine but I forget that the fish adds alot of moisture. I don't cook too often, When bubbles bubble cook about 5min then flip some just run it but I prefer to flip.

Another 3-4 min depend on filet thickness and pull them out.

If you din't add to much liquid now the remains will reduce down on High in 5 min or so while you finish the pasta then I like to pour all that goodness over the fish and eat.

We had a sweet Riesling from Cape May with it but anything cold and crisp will do.

I've had this with Red Wine instead of the white, but Christine says the white is A1 so we go with that.

Enjoy!

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Stripers in Garlic and Onions
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 05:41:33 AM »
Easy recipe,  thanks Warren t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline BradSparks

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 07:02:29 AM »
I just came across this recipe. Thanks for sharing, man!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 09:16:00 AM »
Read 30557 times thud

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 02:41:18 PM »
Read 30557 times thud

The power of the interwebs...

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-