Author Topic: Garmin Fuel Flow Sensor  (Read 3536 times)

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
Garmin Fuel Flow Sensor
« on: May 14, 2015, 10:34:58 AM »
I am looking to add the Garmin GFS 10 fuel sensor to the boat. I only really need the sensor to show flow/efficiency of both motors together and not individually. Garmin recommends a separate sensor for each motor. Again, I am only looking for overall efficiency. To accomplish this I would need to mount the sensor inline above the spin on filters so it senses flow from the tank. The unit comes with it's own filter as well. Has anyone done this on their boat? Thoughts?

Fred

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Garmin Fuel Flow Sensor
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 02:17:25 PM »
I installed the Lowrance  fuel sensor on my Chris Craft. I cut the paddle wheel in the fuel line before the water seperator. Also cut in a filter before the paddle wheel.  I removed the gas guuge on the helm and put the Lowrance in the same hole. It's very accurate
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-