Author Topic: governor's cup island state state park  (Read 1201 times)

Offline bayonne

governor's cup island state state park
« on: May 17, 2015, 08:12:52 PM »
Fished from630 am till the pm call not a bite fishing was horrible only 6 fish caught winner was a 33 in stripper looks like the dreaded south wind took its toll

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: governor's cup island state state park
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 07:29:34 AM »
That ugly south wind turns many a day into just a boat ride for me.  :P
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 08:27:50 AM »
It was one of the most boring Governor Cups I ever judged.  I did fill out 5 tickets and the one blue came close to winning at 25 3/8 inches.  It was unfortunate that so many negative conditions came into play. 

When it first started the air temps were in the mid to upper 50's with a slight SW wind which switched from the west and brought swarms of gnats.  The air temps ranged from mid 50's to mid 80's and than somewhere in between.  Fog rolled in and out all day which was pretty cool to see.

The water temps also dropped as they were in the 50's as well.  the water was pretty merkey from the storms that passed but as the day went on it settled down and started to became green and pretty clean once again. 

The area I was judging was from the north end of the park to the Governors house.  He was not there but the Lt Governor was. She is pretty cool as was her body guard.

Yes it was a rough day out there but all in all the families that were in my stretch of beach had a great time.

BTW i had my marine radio with me and the boats were not doing any better off shore.  So all around the day was sloooow but the day was interesting.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 04:31:32 PM »
Gave it a shot Kevin t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-