Author Topic: FISHERMEN/Tuesdays Fishing Report....NO RAIN!!!!  (Read 1672 times)

Offline 1captainron

• Sponsor
    • Capt Ron's Fishermen
FISHERMEN/Tuesdays Fishing Report....NO RAIN!!!!
« on: May 19, 2015, 04:53:23 PM »
NO RAIN, NO WIND!!! A little fog in the AM but flat calm. Just two of us made it out and glad we did. Got set up and had fish on right away. Slugged away at the blues before landing a couple keeper Stripers.
Rich Appert, PA, took today's pool with a very nice 16 pound fish that was caught on a crippled herring. Looked over a new area after the tide changed hoping to find some more Bass but the Blues found us again.
Lou has been bleeding the smaller blues and putting them on ice for the customers, when they are fillet the meat is perfect. Burlap Bags are a thing of the past!
Couple guys from last week commented on the difference in how they cooked up and how good they tasted. If taken care of right away, they are excellent eating....Blackend, Quick Fried or Grilled. Capt. Dan makes a salad with lemon juice, garlic and fresh dill that is out of this world!!!

Great day on the water with a good group of guys!!
Back at it tomorrow.

Capt.Ron

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: FISHERMEN/Tuesdays Fishing Report....NO RAIN!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 08:21:13 PM »
 t^ ..Thanks for the report Capt .... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Xfire2149

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 09:11:25 AM »
Glad to see some positive comments on the culinary aspects of bluefish. This is my second season chasing eastcoast fish and I'm having a blast fighting 30+ inch blues. In California we have Spanish Mackerel that behave similar to Blues. They chase and eat everything, get in the way when you are targeting other species, and if not handled well can be oily, soft, and not very tasty so..... I learned ealy on to keep them alive as long as possible and if they are going belly up cleant them or fillet them immediately and get them submerged in plenty of ice!!! It changes the whole ball game. So, I've been applying the same treatment to my beloved bluefish and I must tell you everyone loves the consistency and taste when grilled, fried, smoked, or last nights treat bluefish chowder.  Now if I can figure out how to catch a darned striped Bass I'd be on my way..... rgmn
Army Ranger /Navy Diver

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 09:28:29 AM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-