Author Topic: new guy in town  (Read 4764 times)

Offline Jeremy0823

• Paddling and fishing is my cocaine.
new guy in town
« on: May 27, 2015, 02:50:37 AM »
Hello everyone, just moved to the Cookstown area from Florida 2 days ago. I'm a big saltwater and paddleboard/kayak fan and was looking for a good place to fish for the drag pullers (Stripers, Blues, etc).

I traveled to the coast just over Tom's River and that beach was so packed! I assume there must be a place along the coast, away from the crowd that fishermen utilize.

Toms River itself looks promising but I didn't see where I could launch my paddleboard without paying some sort of fee.

Lord I've got fishing questions galore but any peaceful locations to fish would be appreciated.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: new guy in town
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 05:36:01 AM »
 wa .Have plenty of kayak guys on the site ,sure they'll be able to steer you in right direction .

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 05:46:16 AM »
 whs,   The Kayakers and surf fishermen will chime in eventually. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 05:50:58 AM »
Belford, great time to get on the blue fish. there will be a pretty good amount of boats on the week ends but still very do able. just stay clear of the ferry path  t^ oh and  wa
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 07:14:59 AM »
 wa
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 07:33:10 AM »
Welcome.. you came to the right place t^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 08:34:46 AM »
Welcome Aboard Jeremy0823,

I live in Toms River and my favorite place to fish that is not to crowded is Island Beach State Park.  Yes, it is a fee but with all the other places packed during the summer season it is refreshing to be able to go 10 miles and not have to elbow your way through the crowd to fish.

If you like to kayak there are tons of places to put in you just have to look for them.  Island Heights, and other places along the Toms River as well.  I love to kayak and again Island Beach State Park if the jewel again.  You can put in on the back side of the park and you have some excellent fishing and exploring opportunities back there.

There is no need for a 4 wheel drive vehicle but it sure helps.  I pay $195 a year to take my beach buggie out there and it is so convenient.  It is my motorized tackle box.

If you go to the park make sure you ask for a map of the place.  It will help you to find all the parking lots and ride on access roads.

Up in Brick by the Mantalokin Bridge there is a small park where you can put in as well to fish the upper Barnagate Bay.  Like I said there are places to put in you just have to look for them.  When in doubt there is a gentleman on here Kayak1 that knows all the right places to put in as well.

At he end of 571 there is a park as well that you can put in to fish that part of the bay.

Hope this helped.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 10:40:55 AM »
 wa
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Jeremy0823

• Paddling and fishing is my cocaine.
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 06:32:58 AM »
Thanks everyone for your input! If any of you see a little guy with a teal Bote paddleboard with fishing gear attached to it near Toms river or IBSP, be sure to say hey.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 11:45:49 AM »
 slt clp slt
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-