Author Topic: Warinanco Park Pond June 8-10, 2015  (Read 6915 times)

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
Warinanco Park Pond June 8-10, 2015
« on: June 11, 2015, 08:28:31 PM »
Spent the last three evenings fishing Warinanco Park Pond. The plan each day was the same, catch some type of small sunfish and liveline it out for a big channel catfish or bullhead. The first part of that plan went very smoothly. Usually the sunfish would be livelined within 5 or 10 minutes of setting up. The second part, not so much. After a total of about 12 hours spaced out over 3 days, the only thing that was interested in my sunfish were crayfish. Still managed to have fun messing around with the light tackle stuff. Caught many fish of a bunch of different species. Lots of green sunfish, a few bluegills, and one or two pumpkinseeds. The colors on the green sunfish and bluegills were great, but the pumpkinseeds were very dull and didn't really even look like pumpkinseeds. Also caught some hybrids between the three. The best one was probably the green sunfish x pumpkinseed which is the first picture. Might just be the most beautiful fish I ever caught. Besides the sunfish, a few crappies also made it onto the end of my hook. As far as the catfish go, I caught a few small bullheads, a small channel catfish, and one very nice sized channel at 19". Everything was caught on a little 1/2 inch pink twisty tail worm or a piece of pizza crust. The large channel catfish took a tiny piece of pizza crust, go figure. Sometimes you can target large fish and end up catching the large ones on something small.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Warinanco Park Pond June 8-10, 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 09:51:42 PM »
 t^ .......  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 05:39:50 AM »
Great pics,  thanks t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 08:12:32 AM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 08:56:05 AM »
 slt diehard

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 04:52:50 PM »
Nice going !

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-