Author Topic: Facebook photo lands local fisherman in hot water  (Read 4709 times)

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Facebook photo lands local fisherman in hot water
« on: June 30, 2015, 08:36:39 AM »
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
Re: Facebook photo lands local fisherman in hot water
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 09:02:59 AM »
Can't even take a picture now. thud

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/breaking/ci_28403265/

Excuse my comment: Bull S&*%T they have no proof of him keeping the fish first of all, and secondly, no one can be held responsible for catching an off season fish unless they are keeping it/have it in there possession as in a ice chest or stringer. I have fished to long in fresh and salt water to fall for that cockamamie story, to make any sense. 
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 09:13:54 AM »
 nts ... How does this even happen, is there a date on the photo and a location? :headscra: Poor guy is going to spend money on a lawyer for what..... thud
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 09:18:55 AM »
As I understand it, fish caught out of season must be released back into the water immediately.  Posing for the pic indicates this was not the case here.  

Bob, the article states he caught it the first week of June in the Susquehanna.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 09:24:26 AM »
Maybe the fish turned him in. :P
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »
it's because the fish is not allowed to be taken out of the water.  It must be released unharmed while remain in the water. As his picture shows, the fish is about 5' out of the water

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 10:34:00 AM »
it's because the fish is not allowed to be taken out of the water.  It must be released unharmed while remain in the water. As his picture shows, the fish is about 5' out of the water

Common!!  ::) fcp
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 11:33:35 AM »
Its a lousy break for sure.. but its more common than you may think.. not so much the facebook part.. but in many states, in specific waters.. it is illegal to "target or attempt to catch" certain species at certain times..  My local Hudson river is a good example..the Susquehanna is another.. it officially has no catch and release season.. so if you are observed ,say throwing a plastic worm and catching a bass.. you are in violation whether or not you keep it , lift it, or give it a dirty look..the problem is,  its largely up to the warden to determine whats "targeting"..I walleye fish  some smallmouth waters during the closed bass season..so its a concern..  a CO once told me if she observed someone catching 2 bass in a row, and not moving to another location, she considered it targeting..hard to say what PA's "investigation" uncovered.. but suffice it to say the way the law reads, they dont need much to make a case.. at any rate.. I don't agree a pic on the web constitutes proof of anything.. I could photoshop up a pic of me holding up the last dodo bird..  ::)  chrz
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 11:57:17 AM by Treebeard »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 11:56:01 AM »
 pcrn

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 12:35:56 PM »
I can see where this one is going nts so I'm with Hotrod pcrn News at 11.

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 03:40:51 PM »

It not going anywhere Mr. Eng.. I was just pointing out the law..if he caught it on the Susky.. he did in fact break it... whether willingly or not.. look.. here it is: From 12:01 a.m. on May 1 through June 12:
CLOSED SEASON, NO TOURNAMENTS. During the closed season, it is unlawful to target or attempt to catch a bass. A bass that is accidentally caught during the closed season must be immediately released unharmed without being removed from the water. It is unlawful to possess bass in, on or along these waters.

See the full regs here: http://fishandboat.com/fishpub/summary/bass_cr.htm

so.. you may not agree with the law..  nts  i may not either..but there it is.. that is all...    chrz

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 03:47:53 PM »
Thanks Mark. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 04:39:46 PM »
I just think it's a great debate t^  the law is the law t^

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 06:11:53 PM »

The article said he was standing 15 feet above the water on a platform ....  5hrug
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Eng 94

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 06:19:53 PM »

It not going anywhere Mr. Eng.. I was just pointing out the law..if he caught it on the Susky.. he did in fact break it... whether willingly or not.. look.. here it is: From 12:01 a.m. on May 1 through June 12:
CLOSED SEASON, NO TOURNAMENTS. During the closed season, it is unlawful to target or attempt to catch a bass. A bass that is accidentally caught during the closed season must be immediately released unharmed without being removed from the water. It is unlawful to possess bass in, on or along these waters.

See the full regs here: http://fishandboat.com/fishpub/summary/bass_cr.htm

so.. you may not agree with the law..  nts  i may not either..but there it is.. that is all...    chrz

That is okay with me for two reasons one I will never fish in NY waters two It is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, law or no law. I really am not interested in arguing a pointless point or trying to be right in this matter, just like you I am voicing my opinion and will not bother to comment any further on this subject. It really does nether of us any good.

Hey they can put that poor guy in Sanquentin   for all I care, Charge him with possession of a fish held over 15 feet, what the heck is this world coming too.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:22:48 PM by Eng 94 »

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 07:27:00 PM »
This is why you read the regulations for where you are fishing.......It's not like you have to pay to get that info.

Offline Fisherman120

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 08:10:03 PM »
Talk about overmanaging, so stupid..... There's a million other things that should be cracked down on instead of this.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-