Author Topic: Fishing in inlets/ decent keeper to throwback in the Squan today  (Read 1154 times)

Offline bigmills

Just curious is it legal to drift while fishing in NJ inlets? We were drifting today along with other boats on the outgoing and a another boat was yelling at a boat close to us saying it was illegal to fish in the inlets. The boat traffic was not that heavy and the fishing was good. One thing that gets me is how some boaters think just because it not a "no wake zone" that they are not responsible fore the havoc there wake causes to people fishing from smaller boats and kayaks. I myself have been flipped over in the Manasquan in my kayak by large boats near the dog beach and once near the Canal. Just thought I would ask.. Don't remember the no fishing in inlet part of any boating class. 5hrug Since this is a fishing report forum The outgoing  on the Manasquan produce petty good we had 4 keepers in 3 hours today all on gulp/killie combo top hook not a lot of fish but the majority were 17" to 19"

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Re: Fishing in inlets/ decent keeper to throwback in the Squan today
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 10:23:31 AM »
Can't be anchored or obstructing the channel. Personally I don't like seeing those boats fishing in the inlet.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Fishing in inlets/ decent keeper to throwback in the Squan today
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 05:16:45 PM »
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-