Author Topic: BLACKFISH MEETING 9/22/15  (Read 3870 times)

Offline Down Deep Fleet

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • THE 40' 1-15 PASSENGERS DOWN DEEP FLEET
BLACKFISH MEETING 9/22/15
« on: September 22, 2015, 03:04:28 PM »
I guess this one fell thru the cracks. This is not good for NJ and will be another disaster to anyone who fishes or has an interest in this industry.   
DOWN DEEP BULL - 40' CUSTOM RP WILLIS BEAL -

U S C G CERTIFIED 1 - 15 PASSENGERS / HUGE COCKPIT / HEAT & AC

Harbor View Marina
165 - West Front Street
Keyport, NJ 07735

CAPT. MARIO 609 827 1232
AVAILABLE DATES & RESERVATIONS 609-689-8631

1 GOAL - 2 CAPTAINS - 3 MATES - 4 EXCELLENT TRIPS - 5 STAR SERVICE
-----
http://www.downdeepsportfishing.com/ddsf/

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: BLACKFISH MEETING 9/22/15
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 07:16:14 AM »
Thanks Capt.Mario
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Down Deep Fleet

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 04:23:51 PM »
This is a repost by a Capt, our friend who holds the NJ State record Tog caught last year and who we stand on the same position of this proposal. One thing is for sure, the northeast winds will change for the better, unlike any regulations that will be imposed.

Well, I have to say, what a pyss poor turn out that was. Kind of embarrassing to only have 11 people from the entire state to show up for an asmfc meeting. There will be another meeting coming up so any of you Internet jockeys that want to complain when we get cut way back, you may want to make time to get to the next meeting.

Now to the finer points. None of the options presented other than status quo, was a viable option for NJ. In option 2 (NJ, NY, LIS) mortality rate is set at a cautionary level. I brought up the question that reducing the numbers farther, would they show that NJ's Numbers are lowering the morality rate for NY? Didn't seem like he wanted to answer that. So we know what that means. Also, I asked about being lumped in with the Delmarva region. That would affectively make a 2 region breakdown and they really want 3 or even 4 if LIS is made its own region. In my view, if regionalization does occur, we need to be in the Delmarva region. we have much lower fishing pressure, both recreational and commercial, than NY and north. From 2012-2014, Connecticut took nearly as many blackfish as NJ and NY combined. So option 3 would be devistating. So we know overfishing is occurring there. Our seasons will be mixed up horribly if lumped together with NY as they have no spring season, and a much earlier fall season, with no winter season. NY has a longer commercial season than recreational season. This would also mess up our commercial season and not to mention the problems occurring with varying gear types. And don't even get me started on the Pirates paradise they have going on up there with illegal fish being taken for the live market.

There was much more talked about, if you would like to be more informed, get to the next meeting.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 04:26:17 PM by Down Deep Fleet »

Harbor View Marina
165 - West Front Street
Keyport, NJ 07735

CAPT. MARIO 609 827 1232

-----

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 05:49:50 PM »
thanks for the info capt, please let us know the next meeting a little ahead of time if you can  t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Down Deep Fleet

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 02:47:05 PM »
You got it Al. I got this late. Great avatar, hope to see you best it this season.

Harbor View Marina
165 - West Front Street
Keyport, NJ 07735

CAPT. MARIO 609 827 1232

-----

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-