Author Topic: Hurricane Joaquin  (Read 13527 times)

Offline Duffman

Re: Hurricane Joaquin
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 07:29:39 PM »
Phish...a BIG thanks for all your posts!   Rely on you more than the media hype BS.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Hurricane Joaquin Friday Quick Update
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2015, 12:28:05 PM »
The threat from Joaquin is diminishing. The current forecast has Joaquin well offshore/out to sea with almost no effects to be seen. However, I am not a betting man, but if I was, I would never go all in YET. I will have an update after the 5PM NHC Update.

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2015, 01:10:11 PM »
Yea.. I seen that coming a mile away.. just something for the new channels to jump on..  a shame all the cancellations from it..

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2015, 01:14:59 PM »
Yea.. I seen that coming a mile away.. just something for the new channels to jump on..  a shame all the cancellations from it..

Absolutely! News media and journalists use weather for ratings and stories. Do they get the information out as well, yes, but they can do a lot of damage. Weather is not going to be ideal at the shore this weekend anyway, with this coastal storm. There are a lot of reports of flooding and the beaches are taking a beating at high tide. Surf heights look to be 10-12 feet and stacked! So, many events at the shore would be canceled anyway, but many others would not have been. The NHC made it very clear the confidence was extremely low in the forecasts, but they have to put them out and update them every 6 hours! There could still be a big change or the storm could do what it wants, but that has very low chances of happening.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2015, 01:25:10 PM »

Absolutely! News media and journalists use weather for ratings and stories. Do they get the information out as well, yes, but they can do a lot of damage. Weather is not going to be ideal at the shore this weekend anyway, with this coastal storm. There are a lot of reports of flooding and the beaches are taking a beating at high tide. Surf heights look to be 10-12 feet and stacked! So, many events at the shore would be canceled anyway, but many others would not have been. The NHC made it very clear the confidence was extremely low in the forecasts, but they have to put them out and update them every 6 hours! There could still be a big change or the storm could do what it wants, but that has very low chances of happening.

Yea but it's to see them at Home Depot before a snow storm and show you the snow blowers and salt being sold out.  pawle
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2015, 01:27:05 PM »

Yea but it's to see them at Home Depot before a snow storm and show you the snow blowers and salt being sold out.  pawle

;D

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Hurricane Joaquin Friday 5 PM Update
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2015, 05:46:19 PM »
Hurricane Joaquin is still a strong hurricane, but has weakened some with sustained winds at 125 MPH and a central pressure of 942 MB. Joaquin will continue to slowly weaken as it moves towards the north, then northeast at 7 MPH. It is still battering the Bahamas and will move off slowly over the next 24 hours.

SUMMARY OF 500 PM EDT...2100 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...24.1N 74.7W
ABOUT 15 MI...25 KM WNW OF SAN SALVADOR BAHAMAS
ABOUT 825 MI...1330 KM SW OF BERMUDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...125 MPH...205 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...N OR 10 DEGREES AT 7 MPH...11 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...942 MB...27.82 INCHES

The confidence in the future track is much better than earlier in the week. NHC forecasters and the models are all in agreement of a track out to sea. The current forecast takes the storm well off the coast of NJ. Minimal effects will occur from this track, which will include some rain chances on Monday, ending likely by Tuesday and some higher seas. Overall, seas from the storm nor even a swell, will make it inland, as the storm should pass well off the coast. The specific track distance will determine ocean conditions for the week, but as it stands now, conditions improve starting Tuesday and are back to normal for late week.

With that said, Joaquin is still worth watching and making sure, it continues with an easterly track. Until the storm is beyond the East Coast, it could do what it wants. This is a low chance, but Joaquin could have a mind of its own.

We need to get through Friday Night and Saturday which will be the peak of this coastal storm/pressure gradient and Sunday will begin improving conditions!

The only future updates, will be any future effects that may happen around Monday and Tuesday based on the current track or any changes from this track that would affect the area. There is no use updating this daily for something that should not affect the area at all. Anyone who is interested, can check updates at The National Hurricane Center.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2015, 06:03:52 PM »
sure glad the worst case scenario I was prepared for and not needed then needed and not prepared. Matt thanks again for being as honest and un motivated by outside influences as you can be, its a big help when your not sure what to do and you hear 12 different stories.  t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2015, 06:19:17 PM »
sure glad the worst case scenario I was prepared for and not needed then needed and not prepared. Matt thanks again for being as honest and un motivated by outside influences as you can be, its a big help when your not sure what to do and you hear 12 different stories.  t^

Any time! How are you doing in this storm? Shouldn't be too bad there for you?

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2015, 06:22:02 PM »
Thanks for the great and current updates Matt.  I have more faith reading your reports for the truth, than the ones on TV who are trying to get you to tune in all the time and are known to sensationalize the info once in a while.   cfzd  nosmly

Thanks Bob!

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2015, 06:22:36 PM »
t^ .. Thanks Matt, This is my Hurricane center. No Bull crap, No Drama Just a report. Thanks for all your hard work.    chrz

YW! Thank you!!

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2015, 06:48:40 PM »
Well done P-Man. clp

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2015, 09:00:58 PM »
just some flooding at this afternoons tide, hoping it doesnt get much higher the water came up to the driveway
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2015, 09:23:08 PM »
just some flooding at this afternoons tide, hoping it doesnt get much higher the water came up to the driveway

Tomorrow's afternoon high tide may be a little higher than today's.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-