Author Topic: Looks like a day "between the sticks" at Manasquan  (Read 1276 times)

Offline mgm

Looks like a day "between the sticks" at Manasquan
« on: November 16, 2007, 03:19:52 PM »
Met a friend today for lunch at Spikes.  Took a ride to see what head boats were out.  Looks like they all stayed at the dock today because of the wind. Bogans fleet, Voyager, Gambler and NK III.

Breezy on the river going out the inlet.  Oh well, planning a stiper trip Tuesday.  Long range forecast looks good. Can't wait. ;D
" The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses. "

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Re: Looks like a day "between the sticks" at Manasquan
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 03:27:27 PM »
Welcome to fall fishing TT^ t^ hhppy

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 04:53:39 PM »
Good luck Tuesday.  Don't forget to post a report.   t^  Pics too.   TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline TurboDan

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 05:45:33 PM »
I got home from work early today and decided to take the boat out for a little bit.  The wind wind was still whipping, but had calmed down a little bit, so I took a peak out the inlet.  Choppy, some swells, so I didn't stay out in the ocean that long.  TONS of bird action right off the inlet and about 10-15 boats seemed to be picking away under the birds.  The Dauntless was out there, right in the middle of it all. 

Not a great day for boating, though.  Absolutely freezing, and it was a blowout tide.  Kicked up a little mud in the middle of the channel in the western part of the Manasquan River on my way back to Lightning Jack's 3.  Still, I had a nice ride out there.  Kinda refreshing.

In addition, everyone should keep in mind that they removed some of the channel markers in the Manasquan this week.  No more specific state can markers between the permanent lighted markers.  Watch out near Treasure Island, as there is a shoal that sticks out on the south side.  Make sure to stay well south of the lighted marker.  Also, the No Wake Zone markers are gone, too, so watch for boats plowing through there at cruise.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 05:53:44 PM by TurboDan »

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 06:17:42 PM »
Hi TurboDan,

Good heads up!

All of the markers are now removed in at least the Manasquan, Metedeconk, and Toms River as well as all the Barnegat Bay down to the lighthouse (except for the permanent ones of course).

I saw them completing this earlier in the week!

I took a ride on the beach from Lavallette down to Seaside. It was fishable ... but the bird play so too far off to get them.

The Barnegat Bay was 1-2 ft. white caps with the hard West wind.

Have fun everybody,

Ed

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-