Author Topic: Last trip for 07 on Irish Ayes  (Read 4306 times)

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Last trip for 07 on Irish Ayes
« on: November 17, 2007, 05:37:45 PM »
Took the Irish Ayes out for the last trip for 2007.
Left the dock a little after 8am.  Had Hareball, Capt Mike, Capt John, Jim and Dave C onboard.

Went to the Red Church and tried two rock piles with no success.  Hit a third rock pile and we started getting some bites.  Dave C managed two keeper tog out of four brought on board.  Capt John had five tog, all short, though not by much.  Capt Mike brought in one short tog.  Everyone else was getting bites but couldn't hook up.  The bites we were getting were few and far between.

Birds were working all over the place today.  We stopped in front of Shark River inlet on the way in and cast to the birds.  Several dozen boats were on the some what large school of fish.  Some captains were acting their usual selves and running right into the working birds and scattering the fish.  When will they learn?

We did manage several blue fish (Capt Mike brought one on board that was an easy fifteen pounds).  Jim caught a keeper bass just over 28" and I had a bass about 24".

That's it for this season on the Irish Ayes.  I am hoping the fluking is as good next year as it was this year.  Also hoping the idjuts that make the regulations use some sense and don't clobber us with an unrealistic size and/or bag limit or shortened season.  This years was short enough.

As for the seabass season this fall:  For me, it was poor as far as keepers go.  We did have one decent trip.  The other trips we caught a lot of fish but most were short.  And very short at that.

Boat comes out of the water on Tuesday.  Then it will be several trips on party boats for tog.
It's going to be a longgggggggggg winter.   :'(
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Last trip for 07 on Irish Ayes
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 05:52:03 PM »
Sounded like a fun Day I'm Sure t^

We'll have fun and virtual Fish here all Winter. t^
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 06:23:50 PM by Hotrod »

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 06:05:35 PM »
Great job today Capt. and thanks again for having us aboard. We had a lot of fun and can't wait until next season as well. Please make sure you get at least one more trip in with us before I pull my boat for the season. We will go out next Saturday and Monday. We will be heading offshore a bit for some sea bass, porgies and tog.

Thanks again.
Capt. Mike
 TT^ chrz

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 06:15:46 PM »
Thanks again Capt. Joe!! I got the skunk today but the Irish Ayes has been very very.......good to me this season and I can't wait to do it again next year TT^ chrz
There is water at the bottom of the ocean- David Byrne

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 06:59:36 PM »

:'(  Today was the last day for the Hunter 2 also.. Launched out of Atlantic highlands municipal marina around 8:30a.m.   We started trolling of Sandy Hook with a Shad umbrella rig with a large 9" shad trailing in the center of the rig. And a single 9" shad on the other pole.  We followed the channel south and made several passes over the beach side of the channel picking up striper's and blues ever time we crossed the shallow,deep ledge.
    We wound up by the shrewsberry rocks and worked the birds for many more Striper, bluefish combos on the umbrella rig. Sadly we had no keeper striper's. we landed some 12lb blues. Total of around 20 fish.  The Bluefish destroyed my shads as always. I used a Manns 25+ diver lure with success too.
    Time to winterize the boat.
      Best Regards and Happy Holidays chrz
   Eddie,  Hunter 2
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »
Vapt Joe,

Good report and a great day on the water Congrats............ TT^ TT^ TT^

Offline BobG

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 09:04:07 PM »

I know its a sad day Capt, it seems like April is a year away.  But before you know it...the winter will be over and spring time will be upon us. It will give you some time to recharge those batteries.  I wanted to personally thank you for allowing me to get out with you so many times this year and being introduced to alot of great fishing buddies (HotRod had me laughing the most). I learned a ton of information from just being around you and had a BLAST in the process. I cant thank you enough.  Hoping to get out many more times with you and the guys.  Thanks, again.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 09:13:34 PM »
Bob, my pleasure to have you, as well as everyone else, on board this year.  Every trip I had this year was a blast. 

Next year, when I am retired, you will be tired from fishing with me everyday.   

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 10:42:57 PM »
Bob, my pleasure to have you, as well as everyone else, on board this year.  Every trip I had this year was a blast. 

Next year, when I am retired, you will be tired from fishing with me everyday.   

WOOT!!  You Rock Joe. Those were some great trips I was on with you.  To be honest.  I don't think I will be dunking the boat next year.  Too many Great friends and great trips spreaded around this Board to have time fish on my own.  The network of friendly Fisherman and great community trips will only grow by this time next year. 

We can all sit back now and appreciate what we have to look forward to.  I know I am already w00t  chrz

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 10:48:32 PM »
Hi Rod,
I know I have many pleasant memories from this year of people I did not know before I became a member of this board.  I would like to thank you for the fore site of starting this board with friendship and sharing information on the front burner.

Joe

Offline jozwirk

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 09:04:02 AM »
hey joe fri. if the weather holds out. striper or blackfish trip? happy turkey day

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 09:05:29 AM »
now the suffering begins, trying to wait till the spring without getting cabin fever
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 01:52:15 PM »
Hi Joe,

I know that the boat has to come out but the beach is still there.  I am out at least 2 - 3 times a week now and am catching fish.  Anytime you want to get out give me a call and I could meet up with you.  Don't wory about poles I have enough.

That goes for any one else.  If you would like to learn how to fish from the surf give me a call and I will gladly show you the ropes and give you pointers on how to make it a successfuk fishing season.

This fall is shaping up to fairly decent so get out there and hit the beaches for some fall blues and hopefully stripers.

HAppy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 02:40:07 PM »
Hey Joe welcome to the state of WITHDRAW :'( Glad to see you guys had a decent day on the water for your last trip of the season  t^ Almost time to say good bye to the force and hello FULL TIME FISHING  w00t We have to hope that the upcoming regulations fall in line with being able to fish full time for you and everyone else, between the regulations and fuel prices the politicians are going to send a lot of good people of the deep end. HotRod I love your ideal " We'll have fun and virtual Fish here all Winter." Let the stories and games begin TT^  rofla  hhppy  chrz
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline SouthPaw

• There's more to it than catching
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 08:24:18 PM »
It was a pleasure fishing with you this season Joe. Hopefully next year well get to do more of the same. see you on the 16th for the tog trip. I'll keep in touch before then. TT^
A good day of fishing is better than a bad day of fishing. A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. That means work sucks!

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 09:04:12 PM »
Thanks Vinnie. 

I will be doing a few party boat trips now.  Let me know if you are interested.  We can meet at the boat.

It was great fishing with you this year.  We should get in many more trips next year. Hopefully do more mud hole trips.   t^

Offline Fishonw/Ron

• Sponsor
    • Custom Boat lettering
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 09:48:32 PM »
Thanks Captain Joe for your reports this year . Look forward to next year.. t^

Fish On

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 09:11:18 AM »
Thanks cap'n Joe for this,  and all the other fine reports you shared with us this season...Your reports never fail to convey the fun that comes from being out with good company, as opposed to the emphasis being on the "body count".. My season in the salt was too short this year, and like most, I too am feeling the pain of having to put the boat on the hill for the winter... for me, hopefully hunting, winter steelhead, and maybe some ice fishing will help the time pass.. I'd love to meet up with some of the great folks on this board over the winter..maybe on a head boat trip or the like...So, post your plans and I'll bring the sandwiches! 

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 10:22:28 AM »
 TT^ TT^ TT^
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 12:04:32 PM »
Treebeard, thanks for the kind words on my posts.  I do like the company of all the good people that I fish with.  That is what makes the trips all worth while. 

With that in mind, I can honestly say, anybody can catch a fish.  It's a dieing art to catch good friends.  This board has made that a little easier.   t^  We all have to thank Rod and Capt Ed for that.

I have a lot of good memories of the trips I had this year to get me thru the winter.  Next year, we will create more.   TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-