Author Topic: GAMBLER 11/17 Canyon Report (and one more trip?)  (Read 733 times)

Offline Capt Bogan

• Sponsor
    • Gambler Fishing
GAMBLER 11/17 Canyon Report (and one more trip?)
« on: November 17, 2015, 09:09:09 PM »
It was a tough call: Big J reported that they had a decent shot of tuna at the Hudson on Sunday. But we saw a nice temp break at the southern canyons. We decided to take a gamble and try the warm water at the Spencer Canyon. The ride out was nice but shortly after we anchored, the wind came on from the NE. Not terrible but not comfortable. The temp break was good: 68.8F.

We landed our first fish 30 minutes after anchoring --a 50lb yellowfin. Throughout the dark and into the daylight we managed hold a fish or two on --with very few lulls. All yellowfin, mostly between 40 and 60lbs. The fishermen had to work at it but in the end put a decent catch together. There were a couple tuna caught on jigs. I tried jigging too but I whiffed again  ::)

The water still looks great and I wanted to see if we could put one more trip together for next Monday night into Tuesday.

If you are interested, call Jill at 732-295-7569. If we get enough names on stand-by, we'll make it a go.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: GAMBLER 11/17 Canyon Report (and one more trip?)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 06:49:31 AM »
 slt

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-