Author Topic: "Tis' the Season" Fish On weekly wrap up 10/18/07  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Fishonw/Ron

• Sponsor
    • Custom Boat lettering
"Tis' the Season" Fish On weekly wrap up 10/18/07
« on: November 18, 2007, 01:11:54 PM »
Tis'the season when the weather and the bass bite never seem to fall in place. Anglers find it hard to pick a day when the weather will cooperate. The bass will hit green one day and yellow the next. Clams, eels, jigs, troll what do you use or do you just try everything? Did the big breeder bass show up yet or is it just schoolies mixed with an occasional bluefish? Should I pull the boat out for the season? Are the ocean temps too cold or too warm for bass?  Well these are all good questions and the same questions keep the true NJ die hard fishermen in pursue of a trophy bass or two.

Anglers threw everything they had under the working birds up and down the coast line despite weather conditions. Anglers had there fair share of bass and blues. Mostly catch and release with small bass working the coast line.

Sr. member from NJSaltwaterfisherman.com Skolmann and buddies Jason, Mike Stiffler and Craig were aboard the Gambler for an incredible day of jigging.
The day started off as a slow pick with mostly bluefish in the #4-5 class with a mix of schoolie bass off Long Branch. As the day progressed so did the action. The four combined fought over 80+ bluefish and close to 30 bass, however Jason caught the only keeper (32"s) among them. Most bass were in the 20-27"s class. Bluefish ranged from 4-12+lbs. The Gambler did have over 20 Keeper bass for the boat.

Hot jigs were 3 & 5 ounce butterfly, 5 ounce Krocodile spoons and AVA027s when we were tight to the beach. Fish from Shark River south had only sand eels in the belly, while fish north of there had sand eels, peanuts, and rain fish and assorted other fish including small porgies and weakfish. Pool winner was a 15.5 lb bass.

Captain Allen aboard Reel Class Charters from Pt. Pleasant has been having some exceptionally good days Capt Allen had Steve Magyari, his brother RJ, and buddy Dale aboard for a jig trip.  Broke the inlet at 7:30 and found birds for miles to the north and south.  Started out just S of the inlet, off Jenkinsons, fish on immediately. Cocktail blues, coupled with many short bass.
Captain Allen moved a bit north off Spring Lake where the action was a little more spread out, but bigger fish. RJ landed an alligator size bluefish that weighed 19 lbs one of the biggest ever taken on Reel Class, followed by a couple of keeper bass, all on jigs. Well that wasn’t enough for Captain Allen he likes to keep trying different techniques and locations. Big bass are out there and he knows it’s a matter of time before he runs into them.
A quick stop off Deal put some more bluefish and bass in the boat, and then he headed north to Long Branch and found the mother load.As Captain Allen puts it “Alfred Hitchcock type bird stuff”, birds, fish everywhere, top and bottom. They stayed with this school the rest of the day.  At times they had fish trolling right on the side of the boat.  Poppers, jigs, storm shads; everything caught fish, it was pure insanity.  From the moment they broke the inlet, until they got back inside after 3PM. Fish count was also insane, with 2-4 fish on at a time throughout the day. They estimated over ~100 bass, with at least that many bluefish.  Bass ranged from 20-29", with some nice keepers in the box at the day's end.  Bluefish ranged from 3-19lbs. That’s one day for the books. If you feel a fight in you call Captain Allen and he will put you right in some of the best action New Jersey has to offer. Reel Class Charters Point Pleasant, NJ www.reelclassfishing.com (201)248-5281

The action was the same this week for most anglers. It’s that time of the year that raises plenty of questions but also raise plenty of fish.
Fish On
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 07:08:38 PM by Fishonw/Ron »

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: "Tis' the Season" Fish On weekly wrap up 10/18/07
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 01:21:06 PM »
Good report,

When ever I hit the beach I try to bring enough lures but only what will fit into my surf bag.  It is a variety of lures and poppers this time of year.

The type of day has a lot in the selection of rigs to stuff in there.  but generally I carry AVA from 07 to 47 2 different size Krock's , and a bunch of top water plugs in colors like blue & white, red & white, and red & yellow.  Most of the time something will work, if not I try different retrieve rates.

If all that dosen't work well at least I had a nice day at the beach 5hrug

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 02:34:46 PM »
nice report t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 02:55:31 PM »
Always a pleasure reading your reports Ron.  Keep em coming.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 11:12:55 PM »
No offense, but isn't this guy just paraphrasing other member's reports and making them his own? 5hrug

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 07:12:44 AM »
Bob, as I understand it, he is gathering  reports and posting them in a local paper he writes for.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 10:10:12 AM »
I believe Joe is correct.  Plus if you would like to have anything added you can PM him with a report as well and be included in his newspaper article.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Fishonw/Ron

• Sponsor
    • Custom Boat lettering
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 07:03:19 PM »
Thanks all no offense taken  :'( Its all good. Any members who wish to send me a report I will post them in my article along with other reports I recieve from charter captains. This article hits the Greater Media News papers which covers 1 million homes in NJ. Its been bringing new members to the site weekly .  chrz

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 08:30:15 PM »
No offense, but isn't this guy just paraphrasing other member's reports and making them his own? 5hrug

lol..  Yea He is.  But he's our Buddy t^  He makes us famous t^

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 08:46:25 PM »
famous or infamous rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla hhppy hhppy hhppy hhppy hhppy

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 08:51:34 PM »
 ;D

Offline Fishonw/Ron

• Sponsor
    • Custom Boat lettering
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 08:53:30 PM »
in·fa·mous      /ˈɪnfəməs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-fuh-muhs] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. having an extremely bad reputation: an infamous city. 
2. deserving of or causing an evil reputation; shamefully malign; detestable: an infamous deed. 

Good One  rofla

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 09:35:33 PM »
Keep the post coming Ron.  It's all good here.   t^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 10:58:20 PM »
What ever, Ron.  Thanks for the plugs.  Plus it is good to read snippets of what is going on elsewhere as well.

Happy Catching

Paul

PS; One of these days I will get you to wright about the surf... grtn
IN GOD WE TRUST

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-