Author Topic: Sport Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Capt. Zsak

• Top Shot Fishing
  • Sponsor
Sport Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today
« on: February 13, 2016, 11:45:30 AM »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale with Topshotfishing and Capt. Zsak

Steve Willsom along with his son, Mike from  D.C. chartered the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea big game sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale.  We had winds out of the north east at 15 mph with seas running 3-6 ft., temperatures in the mid 70’s.

After leaving the dock at Bahia Mar in Fort Lauderdale, we stopped in the inlet to purchase a dozen live Goggle Eyes from T&T Bait.  From there, the plan was to go directly to kite fishing, and Mike’s target was a Sailfish.  Fifteen minutes later lines were in 165 ft. of water north of the sea buoy located at Fort Lauderdale.  With little current, it is good to always position yourself over a wreck or close to a structure that will hold live bait.  We put out two kites with two live Goggle Eyes from each kite. 

As Steve and Mike were bonding, the left long kite bait got attacked by a Mahi Mahi, and then another one appeared on the right long.  Now the competition was on – father and son both reeling in Mahi Mahi’s as Dave, our mate, gaffed the Mahi Mahi’s and put them into the fish box.  I reset again and waited for the black shadow to appear.  Right short!!! - as the dorsal fin and the bill of the Sailfish exited the water frantically trying to attack the Goggle Eye.  Hooked Up!!!  The Sailfish came out of the water and immediately threw the hook.  From there the kites were reset  and  then another black shadow appeared.  This Sailfish was extremely aggressive – eating the live Goggle Eye – off he went – as he exited the water and put on a fantastic show.  Mike hopped into the fighting chair to do battle with his birthday gift.  Twenty minutes later, the Sailfish was captured, pictures were taken and the Sailfish was released to fight again

With 2 Mahi Mahi’s one Sailfish and a happy 18 year old, the anglers retired into the a/c salon to relax on the ride back to the dock at Bahia Mar, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316. 

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net   Website:  www.topshotfishing.com

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Sport Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 12:11:28 PM »
Nice.. t^

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Re: Sport Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 03:23:27 PM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-