Author Topic: Hows your 2016 kayak season?  (Read 10001 times)

Offline KGroove

• Full Member of the Den
Hows your 2016 kayak season?
« on: March 16, 2016, 07:59:31 AM »
ATTENTION KAYAKERS: just wanted to make a topic where we can update each other on how we're fishing this season, Where the Fish are and how we're catching them because I figured we all win when we win together. This is my first season Kayaking EVER and I'm already killing it at the lakes in my town. I've been out 8 or 9 times now but only 3 on a kayak, yesterday alone i caught at least 20 to 30 fish. Im just practicing for bigger water until I get my PFD and once the fish arrive. Just an FYI to all my freshwater homies I've been catching countless Crappies, Perch, Trout, Pickeral, and bass all on my personal favorite: Black and chartreuse Crappie Magnet with 1/32 oz jig head (float is optional). Nothing catches more fish in my opinion, except maybe jigging gulp minnows. Anyway if anyones in the area I'll be at Lake Topanemus in Freehold all day today. Thats been my Honey Hole. Stay safe and rip some lips. Feel free to attach Photos so we can see what you're catching! 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 08:02:10 AM by KGroove »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Hows your 2016 kayak season?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 09:00:11 AM »
Very Cool  t^

Offline Dalejam

• Fish-on
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 10:52:13 AM »
 slt

Congratulations to you getting out there already, as yo can tell by the amount of posts here, the weather has not changed enough for us to be consistently getting out,  is just starting to change so the PLASTIC NATION can get out soon.

keep up the posts and go get your self a PFD dont chance it going out with out one. better to be safe then sorry buddy.
 :headscra:
Dalejam
I'M working on fishing.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 08:18:06 PM »
That's great!  Keep the reports coming slt
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 01:36:15 PM »
They will ticket you for no PFD.  fcp

Even if it's only 2ft deep. Also not smart.

I believe you can be ticketed just based on your post!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:39:22 PM by wb »

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 01:48:39 PM »
 t^ .... Nice work .... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline KGroove

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 10:32:53 AM »
Yea PFD was ordered, gunna pick it up this week at West Marine. I was gunna try and go out of South Amboy waterfront next week if anyones down to shove off. I have a customer at the store I work at say he was catching schoolies already on the flats in the bay. Said he saw a huge bait ball too but wasnt sure if it was bunker or herring. Also question: I have one of those square foam PFD's I guess for throwing to someone if they go over. I keep that in the boat with me for now. Not the best but not sure if that counts in the eyes of the Law

Offline KGroove

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 11:51:17 PM »
Update: PFD is now in use, getting ready for some bay trips soon if anyone wants to coordinate an outing. Bought an anchor too in preparation. ATTENTION FRESHWATER FISHER MAN: stocking trout started today and doesnt open until the 9th dont get caught fishing on your local lake if it gets stocked you will get fined. I paddled out in Assunpink today the wind kicked my ass but it was all worth it for an 18inch bass on a chrome rattle trap. Heading out to keansburg tomorrow for my first shot at 2016 Stripers. Good luck too all who are skipping work to rip some lips tomorrow!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 11:53:23 PM by KGroove »

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 04:42:39 AM »
Nice Bass clp
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 12:38:29 PM »
Nice PFD.  t^

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 06:07:33 PM »
KGroove- Nice to see your out on the water getting some beautiful fish this early in the season....

Looking forward to some of your posts this season..... Great pics

kayak-1
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline KGroove

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 10:52:00 PM »
Thanks my friend, these next few weeks will be slow for me seeing as the trout are being stocked and my local lakes are off limits. I've been hitting lakes that dont get stocked, but the wind wont quit. Wednesday I'm deciding whether to go back to Assunpink or give it another go surf casting in the Amboys (not on the kayak). Sunday I paddled out Assunpink and got a few hits on a rattle trap, but caught nothing. Then I switched up to Colliers-Mills cuz of the wind on my buddies boat which was the better choice. Heres some motivation to get you out on the water. Cheers
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:59:12 PM by KGroove »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 09:21:07 AM »
 t^

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 05:46:34 AM »
 t^   
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Dalejam

• Fish-on
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 08:00:52 AM »
 t^
I'M working on fishing.

Offline KGroove

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 07:17:13 AM »
Sorry theres hasn't been too many updates. The wind has been killer, And I had to get some damage done on Trout season. STILL have not hit the salt on the Yak, but I'm hoping to change that this week. However, for all my fellow Freshies out there if you haven't been to Prospertown lake in Jackson yet you must go. Its a wild setting because its directly behind 6 Flags great adventure, but theres some big fish in there. Big pickeral and really nice bass. Best part is its a PADDLES ONLY lake so no motors to worry about. Planning to go saturday morning and Sunday aswell to the bay if anyone wants to coordinate an outing....would love to have a partner.  Cheers! FishForGlory

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-