Author Topic: Flukin tips  (Read 99619 times)

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
Re: Flukin tips
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2010, 01:28:34 PM »
The new white 4" Gulp shrimp has worked wonders for some lately on fluke.  Rigged up my uncle with one and he catches a cow-nosed ray with it hhppy

I like using light bucktails.  The 6" Gulp power grubs don't fit too well on a 1oz Spro but if you cut about a 1/2" off the body, they work much better t^

Gonna try some of the Gulp belly strip tomorrow.  Maybe some butterflied snappers on the jig too.

Last time out(Sunday) all the fluke had tiny rock crabs in their gut. 

Buddy was out during the week and told me got much better bites, more, and bigger with a plain spearing on a bare hook hung above a bucktail.  Said outfished all the Gulp he tried.  Also said shorts were destroying the snappers but not taking the hooks.
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline Crimecleanup

• Full Member of the Den
  • Perfect Day !
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2010, 05:57:24 PM »
Is there a specific gulp bait for flounder and if so, where could I get it? I was talking to a few guys last week and they caught the keeper's with yellow gulp and said the picked up at walmart, I couldn't find it. Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Crimecleanup
CrimeCleanUp

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2010, 08:38:41 PM »
My gulp "bag" for fluke are these  t^

4" swimming mullet (chartreuse)
4' shrimp (new penny)
7" belly strips

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2010, 09:30:38 PM »
I used 4 inch chartruse mullet but my favorite for fluke is the good old squid strips and spearing combo.

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2010, 10:26:55 PM »
If I had to pick just one I'd go with 4" swim mullet in pearl white.  Pink and chartreuse next.
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-