Author Topic: Piers that does not require fishing license  (Read 11835 times)

Offline Madame Fishsticks

Piers that does not require fishing license
« on: April 30, 2016, 09:38:16 AM »
Hello fellow fisherman/fisherwomen,

I am from CA and I am new to these waters. I was wondering if there was a pier/fishing spot similar to my favorite fishing spot in CALI. It was a pier that does not require a fishing license and you can stay as long as you want. Not worried about parking but I was wondering if you'd all like to share spots similar to this or can recommend some choice saltwater spots for a NJ newbie! I'd also appreciate if you could key me in on what baits you use for the spots as well!

Thanks!

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Re: Piers that does not require fishing license
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 01:09:58 PM »
can't think of any here that you don't need it. However, Saltwater licenses are free here in NJ. Also, you don't need it if you want to hop on a party boat or charter. The boats here are licensed and is included in your fare. 

http://www.nj.gov/dep/saltwaterregistry/

As far as pier locations, break out google maps in satellite overview. But to name a few, Keansburg pier which is doing pretty good right now but you pay for parking and per person access to the pier. Old Bride waterfront park. Keyport fishing pier. If you are capable, there are multiple jetties between from Deal down to Manasquan inlet. You can also fish the inlet wall which can be very productive at times and it's less than 100' from your parking spot on both sides.

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-