Author Topic: Trying to get into kayak  (Read 4374 times)

Offline Ty

Trying to get into kayak
« on: May 10, 2016, 06:03:28 PM »
Hey I've been fishing for a few years now and I'm trying to get into kayak fishing gear but no one I know fishes yaks I was wondering if there are any clubs in the keyport area

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Trying to get into kayak
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 07:45:07 PM »
We have a bunch of guys here that will put you in the right direction,  give them a couple days to chime in.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Ty

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 07:30:30 AM »
We have a bunch of guys here that will put you in the right direction,  give them a couple days to chime in.
alright thanks

Offline Dalejam

• Fish-on
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 11:35:56 AM »
Hi TY,
  Welcome aboard, i was away at the Jamaica Bay Kayak tournament. that was a good event and alot of fun.
as for clubs, that is a tough one as to locating them, i can tell you one thing,  get out there and talk to other kayakers ask them questions. alot of them go to the Spy House and fish out of there.
 i fish with about 11 other guys my self and have helped other on this group to when i am going out and who is and put them in contact with others, so ask away other will chime in.

Good time to get out is this Saturday  FLUKE SEASON opens, alot of yakers will be out there.

how experienced are you at kayaking if just gettinbg back to it stay in the shelter areas like i mentioned above till you get your bearings. tides in areas can play havic if not aware.

i am no pro but i love helping others as they have helped me. so if you want IM me and we can chat.

be safe and were your PFD
TIGHT LINES..
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 08:47:41 AM by Dalejam »
I'M working on fishing.

Offline barrell

• Sponsor
    • Barrel Surf & Kayak
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 07:26:12 AM »
Hey I've been fishing for a few years now and I'm trying to get into kayak fishing gear but no one I know fishes yaks I was wondering if there are any clubs in the keyport area
Ill take you out for free demo. If you feel up to it the demo can be at night for bass.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 08:42:28 AM »
^^ that right there is a solid offer! ^^^  chrz

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 10:02:30 AM »
 whs t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-