Author Topic: Borough of Deal at it again!  (Read 4754 times)

Offline njdiver

Borough of Deal at it again!
« on: June 27, 2016, 12:17:06 PM »

The Borough of Deal is planning on discussing and possibly introducing another Ordinance on Wednesday to issue permits for parking on Hathaway, Neptune, Sydney and Monmouth Dr. on "one side of the street" - another access restriction to the newly replenished beaches. If you care about access to these beaches please show up and voice your concerns at Deal Borough Hall, Wednesday (6/29) at 5:00 PM.

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Re: Borough of Deal at it again!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 01:01:49 PM »
you know.......every time I'm working my fishing loop, I think, "I'm going to hit the surf in Deal"........I did it once a couple years ago and man was I given the stink-eye from about a dozen people when I walked back to my car. lol

Offline njdiver

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 06:39:37 PM »
Battle Brewing Over Limited Public Parking Proposal At New Jersey Beach

June 29, 2016 6:04 PM

DEAL, N.J. (CBSNewYork)– There’s a battle over public parking at a beach in New Jersey.

Beach access points are bustling in Deal and the parking nearby is open, for now.

“It’s actually really helpful when I can park right here near the beach,” Oakhurst resident Stephanie Stout told CBS2’s Vanessa Murdock.

Stout hits the beach daily, but worries an ordinance being introduced at borough hall Wednesday evening could change her carefree lifestyle.

“The ordinance would restrict public parking to one side of the street Thursday through Sunday and on holidays,” she said.

The other side would be for residents with permits only. The ordinance applies to some, but not all roads that lead to the beach.

It seems to be an exclusionary tactic and Red Bank resident Bill Brooks has a big problem with that.

“All the beach you see beside me was replenished after Sandy with federal funds,” he said. “Quite frankly everyone in this country helped pay for this new beach.”

Sean McDonough with Citizens In Opposition to Beach Restrictive Access, or COBRA, helped stave off a similar ordinance introduced in October. He said it’s starting to feel like public money has been used to create private beaches.

“We just want to be able to use the ocean – we feel it’s the right of all us,” he said.

The mayor said they are not restricting beach access in any way. In a statement he wrote, “We are looking to give the residents that are located in the immediate vicinity of the free beach access entryways, some relief in the way of parking by allocating 50 percent of the spaces for residents and 50 percent for visitors.”

A homeowner, who didn’t want to go on camera, told CBS2 she wishes the borough would take it a step further and restrict parking to residents only. She claims there are too many strange people coming in and out and feels that parking should only be there for whose who pay the taxes.

For video go to:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/06/29/battle-brewing-over-limited-public-parking-proposal-at-new-jersey-beach/

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 07:39:17 PM »
There's a whole 2 streets near the beach in Deal where I couldn't park a minimum 10 cars in every driveway. All the other streets have massive driveways on damn near every house. So, what do "residents" need street parking for?

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 08:10:14 PM »
A homeowner, who didn’t want to go on camera, told CBS2 she wishes the borough would take it a step further and restrict parking to residents only. She claims there are too many strange people coming in and out and feels that parking should only be there for whose who pay the taxes.

Perhaps this person, who wishes to remain anonymous, should purchase an island so she does not have to contend with the 'strange people coming in and out'. She could then make any damn rules and regs she wishes.
And I guess she forgot (or doesn't want to acknowledge) that it was everyone's tax dollars and not just her's that paid for these beaches and therefore everyone should be entitled to have access to them.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline njdiver

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 10:23:36 PM »
Yesterday evening Deal's three Commisioners voted to introduce Ordinance # 1134 Parking by Permit During Certain Hours on Certain Days on Certain Streets. It wil be open for public comment at their meeting on July 27 at 9:00 AM, Deal Borough Hall, 190 Norwood Ave, Deal, New Jersey 07723.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 05:54:41 PM »
You mean they don't own the beach ::) fcp smk!!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-