Author Topic: New Boater here, sorta  (Read 9969 times)

Offline thejasonO

• Full Member of the Den
New Boater here, sorta
« on: June 27, 2016, 03:42:47 PM »
Hello all.  Grew up fishing on the beach my whole life. Been on plenty of party boats for big bass and big fluke, blues, and who knows what can be reeled in sometimes.  Recently got a new robalo r180 18' cc.  Its a pretty big 18, if that can even make sense.

Anyways, I've been on and off this forum for awhile now, along with others, but never decided to join until now.  Since we've had the boat a few months I've launched out of Great Bay a lot along with Barnegat Light.  Still learning the ropes you could say for sure, my pops had a boat when I was growing up so I've def been around it.

I've been wanting to see if anyone would want to buddy boat up to go outside of the inlet to a few miles off shore.  Nothing crazy, more like 15-20-ish max Id say.  I am all about getting out there when I can.  I am all ears when it comes to getting that passed down knowledge. 

Looking forward to my stay on this forum. 

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: New Boater here, sorta
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 04:04:50 PM »
I've been on and off this forum for awhile now, along with others, but never decided to join until now. 
  ovrbt smk

wa

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 05:30:19 PM »
 whs
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 06:15:51 PM »
Out Barnegat Inlet.. to the Barnegat Reef..  a few mile out.. you can see the boats out to your left when you come out..

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 09:09:04 PM »
Welcome slt
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 07:06:49 AM »
 wa  grtn
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline thejasonO

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 12:50:06 PM »
Out Barnegat Inlet.. to the Barnegat Reef..  a few mile out.. you can see the boats out to your left when you come out..

That's not too far at all.  I also took at look at that Barnegat ridge from the other thread.  I feel like I'd def want to follow somebody out there my first time, and I'll make sure to have all my ducks in line before I head out for sure.  Thanks.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 03:53:19 PM »
Just make sure you have all the required safety equipment.. And working GPS  and hand held back up is good.. I think you said you had charts..  I hope you have a good Chart Plotter on board..   oyster creek channel and getting from there to the inlet isn't a walk in the part..  You need a chart plotter..  And Double creek is closed..

Offline thejasonO

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 10:22:19 AM »
I'd probably just launch at the lighthouse. I have a pretty decent garmin unit. Easy to use and I can sync it up to my phone as well. Radio is good. Only thing I don't have is an EPIRB. . If I go out  hopefully I can follow someone until I can get one of those.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-