Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

270207 Posts in 28618 Topics- by 6857 Members - Latest Member: SmoothHand76
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AC Lobster Pots  (Read 1415 times)
MahiChaser

« on: June 27, 2016, 08:20:14 PM »

We just bought our bigger boat and we were stretching her legs over the weekend.  I punched in the coordinates off a navigation chart for the AC lobster pots.  We arrived at the location and found no lobster buoys.  Are they only out seasonally?  I am new to offshore fishing and am hoping to find places to catch Mahi when the water warms up.  Any suggestions and thoughts are appreciated.

BigAl13
Super Hero Member

Fish out of Keyport

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 09:43:07 PM »

Dont know where you fish out off but there are plenty of lobster pot anywhere east of between deal and manasquan.

Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.
MahiChaser

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 10:51:15 PM »

I was looking for the lobster pots near the AC reef.  My boat is at a marina near OC and we head out of the Great Egg Harbor. 
FmTuna

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 02:41:58 PM »

They are not there..

There used to be quite a few strings of pots where all the charts mark the AC Pots, but the last time I was looking for them last year they had wandered off to the southeast.  If the real warm water comes in, you might find some mahi on them if you can find them.

There used to be a little trolling flotilla that worked the loop from the Lobster pots to up around the little Hambone and stone beds, but there used to be some inshore Bluefin there too.  No mas... if you are lucky you can grab a mahi or a bunch of Skippies, but most of us that did that route have pretty much given up on it.
fellinger
Super Hero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 03:40:58 PM »

Welcome guys!

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Boat Expo

LBI Painter

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design