Author Topic: AC Lobster Pots  (Read 8381 times)

Offline MahiChaser

AC Lobster Pots
« on: June 27, 2016, 08:20:14 PM »
We just bought our bigger boat and we were stretching her legs over the weekend.  I punched in the coordinates off a navigation chart for the AC lobster pots.  We arrived at the location and found no lobster buoys.  Are they only out seasonally?  I am new to offshore fishing and am hoping to find places to catch Mahi when the water warms up.  Any suggestions and thoughts are appreciated.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: AC Lobster Pots
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 09:43:07 PM »
Dont know where you fish out off but there are plenty of lobster pot anywhere east of between deal and manasquan.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline MahiChaser

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 10:51:15 PM »
I was looking for the lobster pots near the AC reef.  My boat is at a marina near OC and we head out of the Great Egg Harbor. 

Offline FmTuna

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 02:41:58 PM »
They are not there..

There used to be quite a few strings of pots where all the charts mark the AC Pots, but the last time I was looking for them last year they had wandered off to the southeast.  If the real warm water comes in, you might find some mahi on them if you can find them.

There used to be a little trolling flotilla that worked the loop from the Lobster pots to up around the little Hambone and stone beds, but there used to be some inshore Bluefin there too.  No mas... if you are lucky you can grab a mahi or a bunch of Skippies, but most of us that did that route have pretty much given up on it.

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 03:40:58 PM »
Welcome guys!

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-