Author Topic: AC reef AC ridge ?  (Read 10380 times)

Offline MahiChaser

AC reef AC ridge ?
« on: July 05, 2016, 10:47:46 PM »
I am still in search for some locations to find mahi mahi when the waters warm a little more. This last weekend we explored/fished the AC reef all the way to AC ridge and couldn't find any pots where there were lobster buoys or other such floating structure to find mahi. Has anyone seen any in this area all the way to sea isle ridge? Or anything further out? If so would you mind sharing some GPS numbers.

Thank you in advance!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: AC reef AC ridge ?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 07:51:04 AM »
This is what I got from a friend..

there really is nothing like that down this way. Most of my mahi come from the pots on the edge. I have landed blue fin by the ac ridge most of them come from he claw area and lumps on the 30 line. Over the last several years it has been a waste land down this way.  In late August we can some times fine albies in that area.

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 08:11:59 AM »
Good info Rod t^
I Pm'd him to head northeast toward the fingers and then head east-we always see pots on the way to the northern canyons--Also didn't they have the lobster guys take there gear of the ac reef a year or 2 ago?

Offline MahiChaser

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 03:48:47 PM »
Thanks all for the info.!

Offline GoodChemistry

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 03:41:55 PM »
There are still pots there.  Last year there were a good number of them but they were a bit east of where most charts mark them. more or less a bit south of the southeast corner of the AC reef on the chart. We saw a few as we ran in last week. I don't think they are actually lobster pots (perhaps sea bass as well) but they hold fish.   Usually, small mahi frequent the area between there and the ridge as the water gets warmer but there have been bigger ones this year. its really hit or miss - better chance if there's a good body of water.  there was a lot of bait and life at the ridge heading north this past two weeks.  We picked up a 25 lber - approx. 48 in at the ridge last week. 

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 06:03:50 PM »
 t^ wa

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 08:13:02 PM »
 TT^

Offline JFalasco97

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 07:54:31 PM »
 t^ t^ t^
RIP - 2008 Hydra Sports 3300

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-