Author Topic: YSA Fluke 7/24  (Read 1973 times)

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
YSA Fluke 7/24
« on: July 25, 2016, 11:19:41 AM »
We barely got down the crick, with about 4ft in the deep, yesterday morning at way early o clock. Finally was able to connect with Cooch, so we had high expectations for him to show us how it's done.

Charlie had em good over by 18 the other day, so we start there, but there was no wind or drift or fish. Made the call for Flynn's where we had a couple good drifts, but only shorts and a robbin who was turned into strips. Couple Jacarandas who mugged our drift were keeping it all, no matter what the size, what scum. F them they are what is wrong with the sport today.

As I mentioned, F them, they suck, Tombo wants to move down the red side, outside, so we do, and more shorts. I am pretty much just helping those guys, unhooking fish, ensuring hydration, so not really catching, but we got action so it's all good (but HOT.)

Moved over to the green side flats near 5, drifting up the edge towards the dredges, yes, you guessed it, more shorts.

Time is also running short, and we have a run back, so we pull the plug with enough time to stop near 11A. I think the deep side will hold the keeps. Couple drifts there to no avail; I decide to try the shallow side, with a West-ish drift, and proceed to skool those guys, pulling in 9 fish on two drifts, within about 15 minutes, with 2 making the box. Those guys switched up to the presentation of choice (all my fish came on the teaser) but couldn't seem to hook up. It got too late too soon, so we hightail it back for 11:30 cleanup.

Thanks Guys, fun trip! Back at it Weds eve.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: YSA Fluke 7/24
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 05:53:38 PM »
 TT^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:58:22 PM »
Nice report Warren chrz
Stay hydrated  chrz
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 10:30:29 PM »
Nice Job Warren  t^ I hate when you find them on the last stop rgmn
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 12:18:09 AM »
 t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline 89stang1

• Pullin Drag
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 01:44:51 PM »
thanks for report t^ and i agree with you about scumbags keeping shorts burns me up!. Me and my son were out last on the friday 15th we had over 40 fluke between us and only 5 were keepers one was a little over 4 lbs, we had atleast 10 fluke that were right around 17 7/8 on two different rulers  rgmn and everyone went back in its the law.
John
Raritan Bay Stripers & Fluke
SV-18GT Fisher Marine "Grey Thunder" aluminum bassboat Mercury outboard

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 07:53:29 PM »
nice job showing them hows it done before the clock runs out chrz
Freedom 3

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-