Author Topic: 10/28 Island Beach  (Read 7318 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
10/28 Island Beach
« on: October 29, 2016, 01:12:48 PM »
Picked up some new waders in the morning, did some things for work, and then set out around 3pm got to the area around 415. Grabbed some clams and mullet and headed out to the park. Started throwing lures to entice any striped ones but after a couple hours, no avail. My buddy finally got down there so I moved up to another spot. Kept tossing lures as the sun set while he casted out a clam to soak. Pulled in a small skate on the clam then nothing else for that spot. My other friend finally got down (WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO BRING FIREWOOD!!!), so we moved up to the area we had great luck in a few weeks ago. I switched up to bait and left the lures in the car. I had 1 real nice hit that gave 3 hard taps before it managed to get the bait off the hook. My one friend had to leave early, so off he went. 5 minutes later I get a good hit and starts taking some line out. Thought it was the one I was looking for but in the end just turned out to be a larger skate. Reset the rods and had nothing else until we decided to pack it in at 10. As we were packing our stuff up had another fox come and try to steal the bait I had in my bucket. snuck up on us and my buddy jumped when he saw it right next to my leg. lol. Anyway, probably the last surf trip for the year. Maybe a couple daytime trips on my random days off but no more for night fishing

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: 10/28 Island Beach
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 10:16:18 AM »
 t^

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 08:45:57 AM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 09:20:12 AM »
Thanks for the report t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 01:42:15 PM »
 t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 05:08:09 PM »
 t^ ......  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-